handwriting practice

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by TeachtheWorld, Jul 11, 2008.

1. TeachtheWorld

TeachtheWorld Companion

Jul 11, 2008

At the beginning of the year, I like to give my students a handwriting folder with a page for each letter of the alphabet. They use this when they have finished other work. Each year, I've made the pages myself. I want to find cute pages maybe even with directions for writing each letter on them. Do any of you know where I can find handwriting pages?

3. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jul 11, 2008

I would try using Google to try and find some templates. Or, there is a tool on this site that allows you to make your own handwriting sheets. Or there is always the teacher store! Get a handwriting practice book and make copies out of it.

4. fuzzybunnie

fuzzybunnie Rookie

5. Daisha

Daisha Companion

Jul 13, 2008

Thanks fuzzybunnie for that resource. It looks neat. I am always looking for new resources I can use in my classroom.

6. Pooh42

Pooh42 Companion

Jul 13, 2008

7. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Jul 13, 2008

Starfall is GREAT and I use learningpage.com also.

8. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 14, 2008

I like to use these: http://www.first-school.ws/theme/alphabetp1.htm, but I make them double sided with more practice on the back. I like the large letters because we trace them with our fingers several times to get the feel of the strokes and I can monitor that they are using the correct strokes before they move on to writing. Then, they complete the two lines of practice and I check that before they move on to the back side. After the back is complete they can color in the letter and picture on the front.