handprints are done!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by clarnet73, Dec 8, 2010.

1. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 8, 2010

I decided to make the handprint calendars this year for parents gifts... I started the first week of school figuring I'd have no problems getting them done... well of course I had one start last week and had to get him caught up, plus absences and whatot...

the handprints are DONE! The books are bound... now all I have to do is put all the poems and handprints on...

whoo!

3. LvToyFoxTerrier

LvToyFoxTerrier Rookie

Dec 8, 2010

I did those handprint calendars also. I have them all done too, except for getting them bound which I plan on doing tomorrow. :) They turned out so cute!

4. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Dec 9, 2010

Ok, now I'm curious. What are handprint calendars, and how do you make them?

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 9, 2010

http://www.littlegiraffes.com/handprintcalendar.html

That's a fantastic explanation, with samples ;)

My kids aren't the best at following directions to put your hand like *THIS* and put it right *here* so I decided to have the do the handprints on a different sheet, then we'd glue them on. But of couse I want the to be really cute, so I glued them on another sheet to back them and make the color pop... did the same with the poems.

I think next time I'd just do them on colored paper to begin with :)

6. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Dec 9, 2010

It's adorable! I wouldn't be able to use it, as I'm in a Jewish school, but I really love it!

7. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 10, 2010

Morah- I bet you could use it if you change some of the poems and handprints... here's a link to one that's got some different poems/prints:

http://www.abc123kindergarten.com/Site/Handprint_Calendar.html

I bet you could find a way to make a menorah or something for December instead of the Santa, or move the snowflakes one from January to December and do something else entirely for January :)

I wouldn't start them this late, though... mine took quite a while. But they're done, all I have to do is add the photo to the front (taken but not printed yet)

8. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 10, 2010

I just finished wrapping our handprint and footprint reindeer rugs. They are going home today along with their handprint snowman ornaments.

9. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Dec 12, 2010

Clarnet, thanks. I'm going to look up that link, and file the idea away for next year. No way would I start something this late anyway-we have a ton to do without it! But it really does look cute.