Handing out misprinted test - Is my face red - Please help

Discussion in 'Special Interests' started by Nicolebeason, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Nicolebeason

Nicolebeason Rookie

Apr 4, 2019

:eek:Teaching business computer applications to adults in the evening. My schedule has doubled up and somehow I misprinted a few copies of test; messed up on review. Been a bit stressed. Retracted test. First time I've done this. A few students were angry even though I stated I'd give them extra points because of my mistake. How would you handle this. Almost too embarrassed to post this! Thanks.

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Apr 4, 2019

Everyone makes mistakes...please don't be upset about it. I have apologized before for items that were printed incorrectly. I usually skip those questions or just give them credit. I also reiterate to the class that if we were perfect we wouldn't be in school.

4. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Apr 4, 2019

Forget it happened. Don't give the angry ones squat. Proof better next time. No one is perfect. If they say they are, then they LIE! lol

5. Nicolebeason

Nicolebeason Rookie

Apr 4, 2019

Thank you both; I was mainly nervous because my boss tends to harp on perfection and to take the student's side..and there are some that sense that! But the rest of the day went to much better.

6. Nicolebeason

Nicolebeason Rookie

Apr 4, 2019

I love your outlook and I agree! There will be another test for the angry ones and not too much of a review. Thanks for the much needed support.

SpecialPreskoo likes this.