Hallway Games

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by Evabop, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Evabop

Evabop Rookie

Nov 1, 2019

My afters school friends spend 30-40 minutes standing/traveling in the hallways within the first hour I receive them. I'm not used to creating learning experiences outside of a classroom, so I have not invented any fun hallway games. We've played "Quiet Mouse," but most of the children are losing interest, and it cannot be played while we are walking through the hallways. It takes us about 10-15 minutes to walk them from the K hallway to the cafeteria. Are there any ways I can make this hallway hell funner for my little learners?

3. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Nov 1, 2019

Maybe a version of Simon Says where they have to walk a particular way (and the ways "Simon" says are always appropriate)?

4. miss-m

miss-m Devotee

Nov 1, 2019

Teach vowels when standing/waiting - Point to a child for each vowel, "A, E, I, O...." and when you get to U "...YOU sit down." Repeat. Kids think it's fun and it teaches the vowels.

5. Kat_Kong_Mrs.H

Kat_Kong_Mrs.H New Member

Nov 3, 2019

Tell kids you will keep on eye on someone and then draw their name when you reach your destination. If that person or persons were quiet they get a sticker. I also have done hallway heros, king and queen of hallway (burger king crowns) and kids love being king/queen of the hallway.

ChildWhisperer likes this.
  6. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Nov 16, 2019

Can you take a book into the hallway and read to them? If they are in line, you could walk up and down the line holding the book as you read.

How are you needing to spend that much time in the hallway?