halloween

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Iris228, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Iris228

Iris228 Rookie

Oct 23, 2008

I have to dress up for Halloween... at school! I'm so mortified at the idea. :eek: What are you guys being for Halloween this year (if anything)?

3. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Oct 23, 2008

You have to? Blech. I would wear wind pants, hoodie, carry my iPod and cell phone, and go as a student. But I'm kind of a Halloween grinch. Is there such a thing?

4. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Oct 23, 2008

I wish I could dress up! I teach ele art and I always have to remeber how fun and memorable those weird things can be for kids, especially in my district where they don't really have any stability. I usually wear those obnoxious headbands with antenna things and decorate my cart (I don't have a rooms at my two buildings)

5. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Oct 23, 2008

We can't dress up at school :( I am throwing a huge party that night; however, and I'm turning my house into a haunted castle and dressing up as a witch.

6. msaly

msaly Comrade

Oct 23, 2008

i have to dress up too.. im going as tinkerbell.. i teach pre-k so the kids will love it

7. Iris228

Iris228 Rookie

Oct 23, 2008

I guess I'm just going to feel a little silly..and I don't really have anything appropriate. I love going to halloween parties and dressing up with friends and family though! I don't really have any fun halloween plans this year though. O well, in the meantime I need to find a suitable costume that I'll be comfortable in all day at school.

8. cosmoteach

cosmoteach Rookie

Oct 23, 2008

I have did an easy costume for school one year...I wore scrubs (got from a doctor friend), a white tee-shirt, had a play sthescope (totally wrong spelling,.,sorry!) and other fake doctor gear. I was a doctor. Pretty lame...but really comfy and easy!

9. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Oct 23, 2008

We can't dress up either, although tomorrow is our Multi-Cultural fair and we have England. I bought a queen's costume tonight to wear. It's NOT what I would have gone as, but it's my only chance to dress up, so I guess I'll take it. But it does burn me that I just spent so much on a dumb costume I don't even want.

10. xmasqueen

xmasqueen Rookie

Oct 23, 2008

We can't dress up either but if I could I would go as Ms. Swamp. My kids would love it!

11. Iris228

Iris228 Rookie

Oct 24, 2008

OOOh I like the dr. idea I would love to wear scrubs all day long!

That would tick me off too Jem to spend so much money on something your never going to wear again....I was shopping the other day and I can't believe the cost of some of the costumes. The really elaborate ones can be very expensive.

12. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Oct 24, 2008

Yeah, so I ended up buying a queen's costume. They wanted ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS to rent a costume for 24 HOURS! Yeah, right. So I dropped 70 bucks to keep it forever. The kids loved it, though.

Unfortunetly, it has a long train on it. Which I tripped on while bringing my recyclables out this morning. The lady walking her dog looked mortified that I would dare wear a dress of this fashion outside of my condo, let alone that I would spill beer bottles out of a large tub and skin my knee while wearing it. I wanted to shout 'You should see me on the weekends-pink fairy, Cinderella, pirate maiden-I do them all!'. But I do have to live with these people, so I grabbed what dignity I had left and loftily marched back into the house for my purse.

13. ranchan1_2

ranchan1_2 Rookie

Oct 24, 2008

Sadly we too can't dress up due to district rules. In its place they made it Crazy Hair day, so I bought a huge afro wig and a fake mustache. :woot:

14. cmw

cmw Groupie

Oct 24, 2008

Some of our teachers dress up. I'm glad it's not required b-c I would be super uncomfortable. One teacher dressed up like a student last year with bling, baggy pants, & a hat. It was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: I heard the year before he dressed up as a parent...let your imagination run with that one!

15. Iris228

Iris228 Rookie

Oct 25, 2008

ha ha thanks for the visual Jem. I needed a good laugh this morning!
    Envisioning you trying to take out recyclables in that get up... plus the witty lines you had in store for your neighbor regarding your other "weekend costumes" really brought out a chuckle.:lol: thanks!

cmw- I could never dress up as a student. I have this issue-- I kind of look like one already, and that's without trying! (I hate it) I try extra hard to remain professional and adult looking during the week. But I could certainly imagine how it might be amusing to see someone who was a little older dressing like one of the kids! Hmm..I wonder what the parent costume was? mom jeans?