Halloween skit ideas: Help!!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Ambrosegirl84, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Ambrosegirl84

Ambrosegirl84 Companion

Oct 10, 2011

Hi,
    Every year my small school puts on a Halloween program. This will be my 4th year doing it. It's really short, usually consisting of a few songs, some poems, and a "readers' theater" type skit. So far we've done "Legend of Sleepy Hollow," "The Halloweiner," "The Boy Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything," and one about the ghost that came down the chimney part by part (I don't remember what it's called).

I need to find one for this year asap, but can't seem to find any! We have just 4 kids, but I have myself and one other adult to fall back on in case more parts are needed.

3. TripleTeach

TripleTeach Rookie

Oct 11, 2011

Google "Halloweiner." It is a children's book about a dachsund but someone has turned it into a readers theater. Super cute and the kids love it!

4. WhoDatTeacher

WhoDatTeacher Rookie

Oct 11, 2011

Try looking for "There was an old lady who wasn't afraid of Anything" for a reader's theater. Also "Pumpkins All Around" or "I Want to Be a Jack-O-Lantern" are other ideas.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 11, 2011

Find the book 'In a Dark Dark Room''...a few short short stories in there that would work for a small group...and weirdly funny.

6. Ambrosegirl84

Ambrosegirl84 Companion

Oct 11, 2011

We've done the Halloweiner. I looked up the other ones, and think we'll do two short ones.