Halloween party

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by kamisc, Oct 17, 2011.

1. kamisc

kamisc Rookie

Oct 17, 2011

I will be having my Halloween party soon. Parents will be in my room for about two hours. Any ideas of fun activities to do.

3. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Oct 17, 2011

We have Pumpkin Day. I have asked parents to donate about 6 large pumpkins. The more, the better. Split the class into groups. Each group has a pumpkin. They do various activities and record in pumpkin booklet. They count the lines, they describe the pumpkin, (I've found that counting the seeds is not cool... but it might be for your class!), they predict whether it will sink of float and then test it, they estimate and weight it, they estimate and measure the circumference and height, they decide as a group the kind of face to carve and an adult carves the simple pumpkin face. After all are carved, we take a class pic with the pumpkins in front.
    I asked parents to donate any items containing pumpkin. I don't have any allergies. Check with you class. We do a taste sampling of the items and create a class graph.

4. brit2187

brit2187 Rookie

Oct 18, 2011

Put them in groups of 3 or 4, give them a roll of toilet paper, and see who can wrap one of the students up into a "mummy" the fastest. Whoever runs out of TP first wins.