Halloween/Fall Festival Parties

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by woobie5, Sep 30, 2009.

1. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Sep 30, 2009

What are some things you have done for Halloween/Fall Festival Parties? This is my first year and I would like to plan something fun for the kiddos!

3. lovetoshop

lovetoshop Rookie

Sep 30, 2009

I carve a pumpkin. We discuss shapes while I'm cutting the eyes (triangles), circle (nose), and rectangle with little rectangles for the mouth. I put a battery operated candle in it during naptime, kids love it! We keep the seeds to plant in the Spring when we talk about plants.

4. mrs100

mrs100 Comrade

Oct 1, 2009

I actually had my kiddos dig out the seeds from those little pie pumpkins and count the seeds. They loved it! Then they painted the seeds and made mosaics out of them. Very messy, but very fun.

5. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Oct 1, 2009

My parents basically plan the parties. I've had everything from cauldrons with dry ice flowing from it to kids being wrapped in toilet paper as mummies.

Just make sure you limit the amount of extra people you have and request that parents dont' bring younger siblings. Last year I had a room FULL of parents, extra kids, and my kids. I didn't enjoy it at all especially when a negligent parent let her kids open my desk drawers and run around the run carelessly.

6. TeachinHicks

TeachinHicks Comrade

Oct 2, 2009

no party here...we're not allowed. PTO however does a Fall Festival on a Saturday for the kids.