Halloween Costumes!

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by MissE, Oct 9, 2008.

1. MissE

MissE Rookie

Oct 9, 2008

Hi Everyone! I need some help. My co-workers and I would like to dress up this year to surprise our kids.... We teach 2nd grade and there are 4 of use. We kinda want to coordinate our costumes...We were thinking...Goldilocks and the three bears....or Wizard of Oz....????? Does anyone have any othere cute ideas? We don't want to spend tons of $$$....Thanks for your help!:confused:

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 9, 2008

Your ideas are cute. Martha Stewart had a show today with costumes made from hoodies. You could change some of her ideas to fit what you are doing (bears instead of wolves...) Check her website:
    www.marthastewart.com

4. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Oct 9, 2008

WOW! I have never seen a teacher able to dress up for holloween.

5. adellesmama

adellesmama Companion

Oct 26, 2008

Really? I guess I'm surprised by that...It's pretty common in my area, and it's almost like you have to dress up or the kids would be really disappointed.

6. oldfashioned

oldfashioned Comrade

Oct 26, 2008

At our school, there is always a theme for the teachers. One year it was "the 50's". The following year, it was "the 60's". We've done a western theme, a pirate theme, and last year it was the "70's". This year we are doing "superheroes". For a team of teachers, I've seen "Alvin and the Chipmunks", Maurice Sendak's wild things, characters from the Wizard of Oz, and flowers in a garden. You could do characters from Harry Potter or a Disney theme.

7. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Dec 4, 2008

I know this is way after the fact, but a simple costume is to wear an all green dress and purchase a pair of fairy wings from Hot Topic or any other halloween store and VOILA! instant Tinker Bell. I also tossed on a fun pink wig.

Sure some of the kids thought I was a butterfly, but it's all good. :-D

8. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Dec 4, 2008

3 blind mice
    3 little pigs and the wolf
    3 bears and goldilcoks

9. Lysander

Lysander Companion

Jan 8, 2009

My school has Storybook Character Day "conveniently" around Halloween, so that's how we're allowd to do costumes.

My team (3 of us) did the Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 and Thing 2. Next year, when there are 4 of us, the fourth can be the goldfish. :)