Halloween Activities

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by dxiechicken41, Oct 20, 2008.

1. dxiechicken41

dxiechicken41 Rookie

Oct 20, 2008

Hi everyone. I need ideas for 5th grade Halloween activities. We are having Halloween stations in each classroom this year - 20 min/station. I need an activity that I can do over & over with several classes throughout the day. Last year I have them make 'slime,' but I don't know if I want to do that again...any ideas would be wonderful. Thank you!

3. iheart5thgrade

iheart5thgrade Comrade

Oct 20, 2008

I'm assuming your activities don't have to be school-related. You didn't mention that. P.S. lucky you, all of our stuff has to be "curriculum related at all times". :)

How about unscrambling some Halloween words? My fifth graders like that.

If you have a way to pop popcorn, you can put 5 candy corns down into a clear glove to look like the fingernails, then fill above the "fingernail" with popcorn. It makes a cute hand and is a fun snack.

Mystery Jar--have some jars where students have to run their hand down into the jar and guess what might be inside.

4. noreenk

noreenk Cohort

Oct 21, 2008

I did several Halloween Math centers: I found a Vampire Math activity online where students have to graph what would happen if vampires really did exist... (they did this guided in a group with me) Other kids did a "spooky dice" game with glow in the dark dice, and another group did war (not Halloween-themed, but oh well) while another group did some multiplication (you could always make jack o' lantern word problems or something).

I did Battleship for Valentine's using candy hearts... you could try that with something Halloween-y.