Hall Passes

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Kohlsnake, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Kohlsnake

Kohlsnake Rookie

Aug 26, 2009

I quickly need a girls, boys, and hallway pass. Any advice on how to make something? It's fourth grade, so I'm tempted to just set a notebook by the door and make them sign in and out with times so I can keep track of who is out and how often.

3. carealot

carealot Rookie

Aug 26, 2009

I use blank CD's and tie yarn around them. That way the kid is wearing it and is less likely to leave it somewhere. I have bought passes before and they leave them in the bathroom or wherever. I have had the same passes since last year. Not one lost or broken!

4. MissBee

MissBee Companion

Aug 26, 2009

I use bathroom passes that I bought at the dollar store, but I also make my student sign in and out every time they leave to use the bathrooms.

5. nattles19

nattles19 Comrade

Aug 26, 2009

I tie a piece of yarn between 2 pushpins in the wall and attach clothespins to them. The clothespins are labeled Boys, Girls, Cafeteria, etc. They just clip them to their sleeve. I've never had one get lost...they're not so big or embarrassing that they think to take them off and forget to bring them back!

6. Kohlsnake

Kohlsnake Rookie

Aug 26, 2009

I LOVE the cd idea and I probably have cds around like netgear stuff I don't need lol. Only problem is I was an assistant with these students last year, and we had passes on yarn and no matter what we did they would swing them in the halls bc they made a cool sound. :rolleyes:

7. Bumble

Bumble Groupie

Aug 26, 2009

This is what I'm doing. Does your school have a certain policy pertaining to students in the halls? I need to figure out what our policy is tomorrow.

8. Kohlsnake

Kohlsnake Rookie

Aug 26, 2009

I'm not sure if there is an official policy, good question! I guess I better find out.