Hall display

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Mrs. Mom, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Aug 4, 2008

What are some neat things to hang in the hallway outside of your classroom door? Our open house is before school opens so I can't hang student work yet. I can do a welcome banner, but I am looking for something really eye catching or unique. Can anyone share what you display/hang up?

3. Hamster

Hamster Comrade

Aug 4, 2008

How about a picture of you when you were in 3rd grade??

4. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Aug 4, 2008

What????!!! Are you crazy??? I want them to come into my classroom, not run screaming into the night!!!!! :lol:

5. JenL

JenL Comrade

Aug 4, 2008

i used that crayon poem....just wrote the last stanza and then did all the kids names on crayon cutouts! i think it looks cute. i forget what the last stanza says but it is something like "a box of crayons, each one unique, but when we get together the picture is complete." then as the days of school progress i am going to have the kids do portraits and i will hang on the wall around the bb.

6. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 4, 2008

I've seen a poster that says "You Are About to Enter...A Learning Zone" with a universe type background.

7. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2008

OMG- That cracked me up!!!

I feel the same way about my 3rd grade picture (hey- any grade picture for that matter). I think I had a mullet in third grade, and my mom didn't make me brush my hair. Oh I was rough looking!

8. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Aug 4, 2008

3rd grade I was cute...it's the fourth grade picture I hope never surfaces! lol:)

I had a copy of my kinder picture with my name under it and put on my door for the first day of school last year...that kids thought it was a hoot!

loves2teach - a mullet...how funny! :)

9. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 4, 2008

I do a whole display of when I was their age. I have my class pictures, work samples from my journal and all kinds of things. I stopped being cute around ten when I got braces and got pudgy!