Hall Display Time Length

Discussion in 'General Education' started by SaraFirst, Sep 5, 2007.

1. SaraFirst

SaraFirst Cohort

Sep 5, 2007

How long do you leave your welcome display/bulletin board in the hall?

3. tarheelsak

tarheelsak Companion

Sep 5, 2007

It depends on what my plans are for activities for the next week are, but usually about 1 week. Our bulletin boards stay up 2-3 weeks and are decorated for seasons, themes, etc.

4. Kindtchr

Kindtchr Comrade

Sep 7, 2007

I leave mine up until after Open House night, then our art teacher uses it the rest of the year to display my student's art work.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 8, 2007

I agree with the 1-2 week length. If your doing themes throughout the year then it might be shorter/longer. We had a Meet the Teacher night b/f school, but open house isn't until March.

Kindtchr, I'm wondering, are you close by the art teacher's room or does she use every teacher's BB to display art work?

6. SaraFirst

SaraFirst Cohort

Sep 8, 2007

Thanks! I'll have to take my down as soon as I figure out what to do next.

7. Kindtchr

Kindtchr Comrade

Sep 8, 2007

The art teacher uses all the large hallway bulletin boards throughout the school, including the main entryway. The board outside my classroom will always feature my student's artwork. Every student in the school has at least one piece of artwork on display at all times. The parents love it and the students are proud. I have plenty of bulletin boards inside my classroom to decorate. We have a deep glass fronted display case in front of the office that the teachers take turns decorating. We sign up for the month we want. .:)

8. smalltowngal

Sep 8, 2007

That's cool! I like the idea of the student's artwork always being on display.

9. cinaminsweet

cinaminsweet Companion

Sep 8, 2007

We're required to change our boards monthly. My welcome board will stay up until the end of September.

10. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Sep 29, 2007

all year

11. SittinInATree

SittinInATree Companion

Sep 29, 2007

Mine is a fall one so it is staying up until Thanksgiving. Then I will put a winter one up and then in March a spring one. I don't have time to change it more than that!

12. smalltowngal

Sep 29, 2007

Sittin, does that mean that you're staying?

13. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 29, 2007

I keep mine up as long as I can. When I see other teachers changing theirs or our unit really changes, I will change it. Our welcome one is still there. I have put student's work up and back down twice in that time, but not the BB. It's a headache to do. Plus I have other ones to do inside the room and I'm two weeks behind on grading papers. Which has a priority..hmm...yep, taking care of the student's stuff. My word wall is two weeks behind too. I'm hoping all of this will start to sort itself out though when we FINALLY get our guided reading rotations going next week AND I finally got one of my extra duties for this year dropped. Between planning my center 3x (different purposes) instead of one and putting in over an hour every afternoon of pull out time (new) then I was swimming in stuff to do when I was there.

14. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 30, 2007

Some schools have a schedule for changing boards. Mine doesn't. Generally they should reflect 'current work'. I change mine about 5-6 times per year (the hallway board)...

15. SittinInATree

SittinInATree Companion

Oct 1, 2007

SmalltownGal, if I do stay- that will be my plan. I am leaning towards leaving.

16. smalltowngal

Oct 1, 2007

Sittin, from your post it sounded like you were staying, but I can see the long term plan being helpful if you stayed.