Had Such a Bad Day!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by KinderCowgirl, May 6, 2011.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

May 6, 2011

Haven't had one this bad in awhile. First we had an awards program at school. Our team was given a list of how to line up. I was first and they said Miss "Smith" is last. I said "oh, best for last" and winked at her-just joking. My co-worker behind me said "worst for first"! :( That was me, by the way--nice, huh?

Then I spent my lunchtime listening to a parent complain about her child being picked on by other girls all year long (it's May, this is the 1st I've heard anything about it by the way:rolleyes: ). Turns out when I actually got details from the child, they just wanted to sit next to someone else or told her she couldn't play with them because they are only supposed to have 2 people at time in workstations.

We had an early release day, so no planning, I still hadn't eaten and had to sit through 2 different meetings about standardized testing. :| Then I get in trouble for my room being so cluttered. Which I wholeheartedly admit it is. We had to take things down for testing and I just don't have anywhere to put them. We already had to pack up some school materials that they were supposed to come pick up and didn't, so there are some boxes too I have no place for. I guess I just feel like we only have a few weeks left and it will all be packed up-but I'll have to go in tomorrow and work on it.

Ugh! I just felt like crying on the way home. Is it June yet? :whistle:

3. greengables

greengables Rookie

May 6, 2011

Same here-must be something in the air! We had planted flowers for mother's day gifts and they were taking them home today. I have a section of students that STILL hasn't learned about running/roughhousing in class. 3 of them ended up dropping and spilling their pots because of their antics. Frustrating as all get out. Just feels like I haven't made any progress with this group this year. :(

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 6, 2011

Oh Kinder, you deserve a wonderful weekend! Take the time to relax and re-energize for the rest of the year. I know that is how I'll spend my weekend. Today was tough for some strange reason, but I can't seem to recall anything to make it a rough day and my students were great....

5. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

May 6, 2011

Oh, I am so sorry! Your co-worker sounds horrible for making such a rude comment. That was uncalled for. Just go home, rest, and have a glass of wine. Don't make dinner, have your SO make you dinner (if you have one), or just go treat yourself. You deserve it! Then, take a long bubble bath, with another glass of wine, maybe some candles going, and think about nothing else. Don't worry, you are such a great teacher and you do everything for those little ones of yours. I hope you have a relaxing weekend. Hugs to you...

6. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

May 6, 2011

Summer is almost here Kinder:) Hang in there.

7. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

May 6, 2011

Oh, man, that is a drag getting in trouble for things you can't do anything about. I'm sorry :hugs:

8. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

May 6, 2011

This week has been horrendous!!!!!! I'm ready to break! I just want to forget the whole thing! Amazingly none of the bad stuff is related to the kids...i guess that is a positive!! :)

9. cmw

cmw Groupie

May 6, 2011

:hugs:

10. AndreGreen

AndreGreen Companion

May 6, 2011

YES! I agree, this week has not been too good! Testing starts Monday, and I just want to relax this weekend.

11. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

May 6, 2011

I SO agree!!!! This week has been amazingly horrible! If you have been following another poster's thread about a teacher who got too rough we had that happen today at our school but, unlike the other thread, the two teachers who saw it reported it. You can imagine what an afternoon that was - on top of a new child who did not stop crying all darned day, kids's totally hyper from the mother's day breakfast, a parent almost half an hour late, our child with autism off the top today, and more....I think I need a new career.

12. mkate

mkate Comrade

May 7, 2011

Wow, what a childish comment from your co-worker-- and what a drag to deal with all that other stuff too. Do try to have a relaxing and fun weekend, and hang in there!

13. Noscut1000

Noscut1000 Rookie

May 7, 2011

It's awful that you were trying to make someone feel good and another person tried to make you feel bad! Your co-worker needs a reminder of the "We don't hurt people" rule.

14. passionateacher

passionateacher Comrade

May 7, 2011

I can't understand why that would come out of an ADULT'S mouth. You weren't even talking to her. That alone would have messed my whole day up. I'd either be thinking about a comeback (childish, I know) or thinking about the upcoming tension from me trying to avoid her for the rest of the year. I hate it when adults act like kids/teenagers. :mad:

15. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

May 7, 2011

Me too. I really wanted to say "well, at least you said it to my face this time". Because she's been telling anyone who will listen how horrible I am all year long. But I did have kids with me, so I really didn't think that was such a good example to set. I just ignored it-the high road isn't nearly as satisfying! ;)

Thanks for the co-misery! It goes with the territory in this job I guess-have to learn how to handle that stress. I took it easy today-sat outside with my puppy for awhile and just read-a little less stressed! :)

16. queenie

queenie Groupie

May 7, 2011

(((((hugs))))) I had a horrible week as well :(