Had an interview today, don't assume there are vacancies!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TennisPlayer, Jul 1, 2009.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 1, 2009

It turns out it was a screening interview so now I'll be in their pool of applicants. I said in the interview that I thought there were vacancies since I saw that they were accepting resumes on their school's website. She said, "sorry if that wasn't clear but we are always accepting resumes."

Lesson learned! Ask before you show up /agree to an interview!

It turns out, I don't think I'll be a good fit for the school. It seems to be mainly students with moderate/severe special needs. I'm interested in working with students with mild special needs without all of the behavior issues.

When I arrived there in the lobby ,I heard screaming coming from down the hall and they had showed me the isolation room (it even had a lock on it) I don't think that school is a good fit for me.

3. melissa803

melissa803 Comrade

Jul 1, 2009

Awww, I'm sorry. Consider it your practice interview! I really do believe in finding the right place for YOU not just a job.
    Good luck!

4. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Jul 1, 2009

Maybe the reason they have a screening interview is more for you than them! Once you get in there and find out what it is like some may run fast for the door. I know I would have!

5. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 1, 2009

Thanks. I want to wake up everyday excited to teach somewhere! For now, I'm tutoring this summer so that's good.

6. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 1, 2009

Yeah, I think they are making sure people know that it is a very challenging and different work environment.