Had a great day today :)

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by SarahJ, Apr 17, 2009.

1. SarahJ

SarahJ Companion

Apr 17, 2009

Even with my 'difficult' children!

We've just started a new term so I've changed my classroom a bit (I bought a new shelf(own money) so that I can have supplies such as building blocks, crayons, paper etc within the childrens reach). I've also changed my daily a routine a little. We used to start at 8am with morning ring, but there were always children late (at least 4 more than 10 mins late). So, now I've decided only to start morning ring at 8:30 even though I'm not supposed to and in the early morning (7:30 - 8:30) I will do puzzles etc with the children - used to just be free play 7:30 - 8am, now they will have free play as well as having me pull kids aside to to special activities with me so I can do some 1-on-1 and some assessing etc.

It worked SO well today. Morning ring at 8:30, then we did a teacher-led activity at the tables, then some free play following the theme (they built me farms & played with farm animals whilst I did observations & worked with some children who are struggling etc then it was time for snack, then outdoor play, then we did outdoor PE for about 15 minutes, then inside for juice and baker day, then we did a music & movement ring, then it was home time!

I really enoyed my day :) & just felt like sharing

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 17, 2009

I'm glad your day went so well, SarahJ!