Ha... can you imagine?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by McKennaL, Aug 10, 2009.

1. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 10, 2009

I just heard a commercial on the radio.

It was Ron Santo. (those NOT from Chicago might not recognize that name) Ron was a great baseball player for the Chicago Cubs back in the 70s. He is now a BELOVED Chicago celebrity and Chicago Cubs announcer.

Anyway... back to the point.

The commercial must be in regards to some sort of Cubs memories show...and Ron was saying... I remember the winter before I started my first season. I had offers from EVERY Baseball team in the country (of course I chose the Cubs)...but i remember walking down the street and it was like I was floating on air!

You know how people come on here and how high they are flying when they get a job offer... but can you IMAGINE not just having an offer from one or two districts at the same time...but ALL the districts in your area?

I wouldn't be floating on air...I would be flying circles around the universe!

3. BerniceBobs

BerniceBobs Comrade

Aug 10, 2009

Me too.
    Ya know what gets me? When I wasn't looking for a teaching job, I would see copious amounts of job postings for teachers.
    I am the type of person who checks job openings on a daily basis regardless of whether I am looking for a job.
    Then I earn my credential and bam! No postings--none.
    I've never seen anything quite like it.
    The Edjoin website has become a virtual desert and I am thirsty!