Gulf Shores

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by iheart5thgrade, Jun 15, 2009.

1. iheart5thgrade

iheart5thgrade Comrade

Jun 15, 2009

Any recommendations for places to eat, things to see, etc, while in Gulf Shores?

3. mrsnikki

mrsnikki Companion

Jun 15, 2009

It is beautiful there :) I suggest some of the small little restaurants close to the beach...We had some pretty awesome seafood close to there...it was across from this huge restaurant that turns in to a bar at night. Oh! I would NOT recommend jimmy buffets sister's restaraunt unless there is NO wait..the food was so normal and not worth the two hour wait! We also went to the outlet malls. If you have time go for a drive the houses are beautiful if you follow the road by the beach :) Have a good time!

4. MrsFrench

MrsFrench Rookie

Jun 16, 2009

Go to Lambert's, home of the throwed rolls! It's an old fashion southern style restaurant, with paper towel napkins, okra (I remember this b/c I didn't like it, but lots of southern food like that), and they literally throw the hot rolls across the room at you! And they are delicious! We stayed at Emerald Shores....although I believe that was destroyed by the hurricane and is no longer there. Any place along the beach is beautiful!

5. mrsnikki

mrsnikki Companion

Jun 16, 2009

I forgot about Lambert's !!! I think it was a great time :)

6. Lilymax

Lilymax Rookie

Jun 16, 2009

We were stationed in Pensacola for a few years, so Gulf Shores was a short drive for us.

We liked the outlet mall in Foley, AL, which I think is very close to Gulf Shores, if I'm remembering correctly.

I think it's worth a short drive into Pensacola to go to the Naval Air Museum. Also, if you're willing to drive a bit further into P'cola, Fort Pickens is a really nice place to visit.

7. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 18, 2009

DeSoto's for seafood!!! YUM!!!!!!!!

8. Groovy

Groovy Companion

Jun 18, 2009