Guilty Pleasures

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by teacherkasey, Jan 16, 2008.

1. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Jan 16, 2008

Okay... I have to tell someone. My boyfriend doesn't watch TV and if I told him this he would probably laugh at me. But I love watching The Real Housewives of Orange County!!! I can't wait until next week when Lauri and George finally get married!!!

Does anyone else watch the show?

What are your guilty pleasures... those little things that you don't normally admit or go around talking about???

:p

3. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Jan 16, 2008

yes ..i watch this show! haha
    all my roommates make fun of me for watching it! The wedding looks like its going to be very expensive haha. I could never see spending that much money on that kind of stuff!

theres nothing else new on!

4. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Jan 16, 2008

I don't understand spending that much money for one day:eek: but I can't wait to see it!

Is Tamra getting on your nerves as much as she is mine? She was so annoying at her 40th b-day party :lol: !!!!!

5. njteach41

njteach41 Middle School Social Studies Teacher

Jan 16, 2008

me too!!

Every time i watch that show and my boyfriend walks into the room he always says "what is this??". I always say, "uhh i dont' know". lol for some reason I'm just captivated by how these people live. It's not that I want to live that way, I'm just so into how materialistic and self-centered these people are, that I love watching it. I'm amazed that these people think the the way they do, not all, but most on the show are. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one out there. Oh, and I loved the episode where the trainer came to their homes to invade their pantries!!!!

6. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jan 16, 2008

Shhh! Don't tell, but I watch it.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 16, 2008

I don't watch it, but I do watch LA Ink. I"m not sure why, but I can't miss an episode!

8. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Jan 16, 2008

It's too bad that this show didn't start until after my grandma passed away. She would have loved it. She thought soap operas were real life!

9. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jan 16, 2008

I used to watch it too, until iTunes (or rather, Bravo/NBC) pulled it. I don't have cable. How exciting they're getting married! I had no idea!

As for other guilty pleasures, I like that show Super Sweet 16 on MTV. The brats are so fun to laugh at!:eek:

10. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 16, 2008

I'm with ya about LA INK!!!!

11. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Jan 16, 2008

I also watch it...whenever I catch it...I hear they are starting a housewives in new york!

12. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jan 16, 2008

I watch Days of Our Lives, I watch it while I'm getting dressed and doing my hair, if I record it then it takes about 35 minutes to watch and I can usually get that done while I'm getting ready in the morning. It might be a break for me later though when I'm tired of studying...oh wait, this is a break...maybe this is a Guilty Pleasure too. ;)

I also won't admit to the random trips to Dairy Queen because I give out so much crap about eatting crap! lol!!

13. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Jan 16, 2008

They are starting one in New York. Uh oh... one more show that the BF can laugh at me about watching. I mean, I feel so corny watching it that if he walks into the room I will change the channel real quick or start laughing at them...lol:lol:!

Pisces_Fish... I used to watch Super Sweet 16 also. I can't believe how much money people spend on weddings... but on a 16th birthday party???? Just think if they donated that money to the kids schools instead?!?!?!?

14. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 16, 2008

dizzy, I love Days! Watch it every day I'm home.

15. njteach41

njteach41 Middle School Social Studies Teacher

Jan 16, 2008

i love days of our lives!!!!! that is a true guilty pleasure for me.