Guided reading storage

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Tasha, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 27, 2012

3. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 27, 2012

I have a folder for each group with the materials I need except books and I keep the books (which are all in ziploc bags) in a plastic bin next to the folders. I don't separate the bags by groups...they are just all together. All of my books themselves are in baskets by level along the top of the cubbies. :)

4. SportsFanTr

SportsFanTr Companion

Jul 27, 2012

5. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 27, 2012

6. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2012

I have them in the same bins that the children's regular reading books are in, but the bins are kept in a cabinet near my "space" (I don't have a desk.)

7. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jul 27, 2012

I use an organizer that can be found at http://www.officemax.com . I tried to post the link, but it would not work for some reason. Just search "OfficeMax Plastic File Sorter, Black."

It looks small, but it fits a lot of books! I actually organize them by day. So, on Monday, I have all of the books I need for all of my groups, in the order that I see the groups in.

8. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 28, 2012

I pull out the weekly books and store them in plastic crates from the Dollar Store. When not in use I keep all of the weekly materials together in large ziploc bags sorted by unit.

9. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 28, 2012

I'm still using the cardboard storage container that came with Storytown, our basal series, to store the weekly "leveled" readers. I'm seriously considering changing to ziploc bags for each week, because it will take so much less room to store. At my teacher table, I have a plastic vertical file sorter, and I use it to hold a folder with my small group plans, the leveled readers, and the decodable reader for the week. I have a Sterilite 3-drawer unit that fits under my teacher table, and I keep office supplies & things like sight word card games in it. I have a tabletop pocket chart on my teacher table in which I have the high-frequency words for the week on one side, and decodable words on the other.

10. janney

janney Cohort

Jul 29, 2012

I found this 6 drawer cart at Walmart this summer. I love that the drawers are different colors and that they are not too deep. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-6-Drawer-Craft-Cart-Multi-Color/17617468
    I plan on using one drawer for each of my reading groups. I will have from 3 to 5 groups so that will leave one drawer left over for my own materials. I use one binder to write all my plans and notes in for small groups.
    This set up will be a lot better than last year when I just had one tub that I put all the books in. :)

11. LuvTchng

LuvTchng Companion