Guided Reading sheet?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by MisterG, Nov 2, 2006.

1. MisterG

MisterG Comrade

Nov 2, 2006

Hello,
    Somewhere stashed away within the dungeons of my junk is a sheet that my cooperating teacher made a few years back when I was student teaching. It was something Ithink she had made that she used for herself. It had blanks for: name of book they are wroking on, students in group, what they are working on today...etc.

Do you use a page like this? Id like to have one so I can use one in my groups because without one, I sometimes get lost without having it written down what I want to do.

Part 2....what do you with your groups when they are with you? I mean...how does your group go? Do they come back and each one reads a little bit at a time....or what?

Thanks,
    Ryan

3. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Nov 2, 2006

Last year, one of the teachers I was a long term sub for used a notebook for each different group and wrote down all the things you mentioned. I really liked that and thought I might use it again now that I am once again a LTS in second grade. I also have several reading group sheets if you want me to PM them to you, I will.
    In our reading groups, we basically use the same book for 2-3 days. The first day we do an introduction and vocabulary and then read the book through 1 time. The second day we reread the book and then do a comprehension skill that is related to the unit we are studying in class. If we have the book for three days, they may read it to a partner. Sometimes if a group is having difficulty with a specific skill, I will pull the kids that need help with that skill. They are not always in a reading group together.