Guided Reading Organization

Discussion in 'General Education' started by VANewbie, Jul 15, 2010.

1. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Jul 15, 2010

I feel like I have been on here all day. Lazy summers!

I am trying to plan for next year and the one thing I really need work on is organization with my guided reading groups. Last year I had one notebook and would separate the groups with dividers. Then I would keep one sheet of paper for each group with the students names each time I would meet with them.

The book started to get really messy and stuffed. When one student would move up a level I couldn't easily keep track of them.

Do you keep one folder for each student? Use any kind of color coding system?
    Other suggestions!?

3. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Jul 15, 2010

I do not keep a folder on each student, but I do keep information on the group. I have a form that I use. If you PM, I will send you the form that I use for guided reading.

Like you, I keep everything in a binder with sections for each group. I make all my notes on the group page. I can note what each student in the group is doing. When they move to another group, I just start a new page for the new book. I can then go back and look at what the students were doing at the beginning of the year.

4. teach1st

teach1st Comrade

Jul 15, 2010

Sounds like I do the same. But this a good question. I am hoping you get some more feedback!

5. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jul 15, 2010

I have a binder that I use for CAFE... it has one section with a calendar, and a class list, another section with notes on strategy groups (or GR groups), then I have a section on each student.

I use the form that comes from the CAFE book for strategy groups. It is very basic, but I like it that way.