Guess what time it is already?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ima Teacher, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 20, 2013

It's time for me to get my classroom ready. I'm starting today because I need to do tons of cleaning and moving. I need to be at school alone so I don't talk too much. :whistle:

I'm back at work in nine days. :dizzy:

3. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Jul 20, 2013

This is my problem, too. That's why I went in three days this past week and plan to go in two or three more days next week. Everyone will be back the following week, and then I'm sure to get distracted....

4. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2013

Oh my goodness! Already?

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 20, 2013

Teachers go back July 29. My room has to be ready for open house on August 1st.

I've been out since May 17, so I've had a good break.

6. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Jul 20, 2013

I'm so glad I'm in the same classroom and I did ALL of my cleaning before I left. I do need to do seating arrangement changes and organizational changes though.

7. thirdgradebuzz

thirdgradebuzz Comrade

Jul 20, 2013

I'm in almost the same boat. Teacher start August 5th, with open house on the 8th.

I taught summer school the last two weeks, so I took some time at the end of the day to arrange my furniture. Now I just have smaller types of things to take care of that week. I might go in one day this week to get them done.

8. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jul 20, 2013

I just finished up setting up the basics in my room. We had to put absolutely everything (contents of cabinets, file cabinets, teacher's desk contents, etc) into boxes so they could clean our floors. So it took a long time and a lot of umph to set things back up.

9. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 20, 2013

I've been in the same classroom since 1998, but they move everything out to wax floors. And in over two months, the dust really accumulates.

10. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 20, 2013

I'm just beginning to really enjoy my vacation and school is the farthest thing from my mind. I won't go in to set up until the very end of August. I don't report until Sept. 3rd with students arriving on the 5th. Schools in my area do not have any type of Open House. We have Back to School Night for parents about 2 to 3 weeks after school starts.

11. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 20, 2013

Ugh! I have about a month left, but it is a busy one and I hope to spend a day or two a week working on some things.

12. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2013

Oh I´d say. We didn´t get out until June 21st!

13. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2013

I go back July 30th-very close to your start date! Luckily my room is now really easy to set up since I'm in music. My classes also don't start u til the second week of school, so that gives me even more time if I need it. I brought TONS of stuff home with me this summer so that I wouldn't have to go in early. So I don't think I'll go up to school until the 30th, unless I need to do something for my musical.

14. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Jul 20, 2013

Our first day, which is an optional day, is the same day as Open House. I'm just not going to worry about it looking nice. Whatever gets done, gets done.

15. platypusok

platypusok Companion

Jul 20, 2013

We go back in less than a month. But they were redoing wiring and a lot of other work and we haven't been allowed in our classrooms all summer. It makes me nervous.

16. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jul 20, 2013

My kids don't come back until Aug 25th but I spent a few hour in my room the other day. I'm teaching summer school so I was already on campus. I come in early ever summer and every year I'm surprised at how overwhelming it is. This year I'm in a new, better room...well, trailer. It's the same size as my old trailer, but the windows are bigger (yay!) and the furniture is totally different, so I really feel like I'm starting from scratch.

17. Sm2teach

Sm2teach Companion

Jul 20, 2013

Oh my! We are not even allowed to be back in our rooms until August 12. Kids start back the 26th. Though I have to admit if I could get in now I would be up there. I have a lot of new ideas floating around in my head I want to get started on.

18. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 20, 2013

I headed back to work in my classroom a few days last week. I have a week and a half left to get everything done before we officially go back so time is quickly running out!

19. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 21, 2013

We never know when we will be able to get into our rooms until very late. Why they do the gym, cafeteria, library and places like that first, instead of classrooms, baffles me.

20. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2013

Gah! Not ready to go back! I have three more weeks! I think I'll be allowed in a few days early this year. That would be nice for a change.

21. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jul 21, 2013

We go back in 2 weeks and our rooms are still not ready. Last I heard, we wouldn't be able to get in until maybe 3-4 days (max) before the school year starts. I'm trying to make sure I have a good plan for when I'm actually allowed back in because I'll have to work quickly!

22. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2013

I stopped in this morning to get a feel of what needs to be done. Teachers come back for two days of meetings on July 31. The classroom doesn't need to be ready until parent back-to-school meetings on August 6, but I will be out of town that Friday through Monday. Which means my room pretty much needs to be ready to before we have our meetings. I will be spending some time here everyday this week; like others have said, I'm much more productive when no one else is around!

ETA: Kids start back August 12, so we have a little bit of time to work on other things or enjoy the last bit of summer in between, which actually is kind of nice.

23. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Jul 21, 2013

School wasn't done for me until June 24th and I spent a good 3 weeks job hunting and going on interviews. Luckily I got in at a new school and I don't report back till the 20th.

My storage room is packed full of things I have collected over the past 3 years. I'm determined that I'm not going to begin cleaning and organizing my school things until at least August 2nd. At that point I will then start going by my new school and cleaning and organizing things slowly.

Waaay excited by the way!

24. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Jul 21, 2013

School is open, but I only went in once for a mandatory meeting. All I did otherwise was pick up a bag I had accidentally left behind in my room. I was super proud of myself!

We go back August 26th. I will probably go in a couple week prior to wrap up some planning. My kids did most of the cleaning and organizing before summer.

25. Emily Bronte

Emily Bronte Groupie

Jul 22, 2013

We don't go back for quite awhile yet. Kids do not return until after Labor Day. I have made it a point to not go in early anymore. We are allotted days for classroom prep.

26. AdamnJakesMommy

AdamnJakesMommy Habitué

Jul 22, 2013

I've got 3 weeks left of my summer break. Honestly, not thrilled about it ending.

I think my problem is more that I'm in the late weeks of pregnancy and I'm just plum moody (depressed and downtrodden-like) and tired/fatigued. I'm not even enjoying my summer break at all, so I know it's got to be the hormones that have me in a slump--because it is so not like me to not enjoy summers and time off.

27. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jul 22, 2013

I don't have a classroom!! They are still building our new school. I know it'll be amazing and all when it's done, but there's a chance it might not be done on time and school will start a week late. (August 26th instead of 19th.) No one knows! :dizzy: Oh well, I'm leaving tomorrow for a 10 day vacation to Chicago and St Louis so I'm not worrying about it anymore until I get back! :lol: I have worked on some stuff - reorganized my library, made some stuff for the classroom (schedule cards, etc). I've been re-reading Daily 5. The rest can wait until after I get back from vacation. :D

28. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 22, 2013

17 days till I officially report....
    Of course, 4 of those will be spent in all-day workshops (I dropped out of one), and I still have tons to do in my new (former storage room) classroom! Let's not even begin to talk about lesson planning!

29. thirdgradebuzz

thirdgradebuzz Comrade

Jul 22, 2013

I went in today and finished getting the room organized....got desk tags done and ran copies of my parent letter for open house. I won't go back until my official report date on Aug. 5.

I like to have the room mostly done when work week starts. It seems like most of that week is always spent in meetings or socializing, and it's hard to get things done.

30. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 22, 2013

I need to meet up with the teacher whose class I'm taking over (shifting from 12th to 9th and becoming Team Leader) so we can go over the material. We've already decided to meet up at the local tiki bar over rum drinks. Ah, the sacrifices I make while working over the summer.

31. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 22, 2013

I've got just under a month before I need to report. I'm thinking that I might start going in sometime during the week before my report date. Ideally I'd like to just go in on a couple of days, maybe for a couple of hours each time. I will need to unpack a few things, set up my bulletin boards, and hang some posters on the walls.