Guess what I did today?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ima Teacher, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 17, 2012

I know it seems early, but today I spent the day finishing my classroom for the upcoming year. I always enjoy the look of a nice, fresh classroom . . . but I'm really not ready to think about getting back into the swing of things just yet.

We had a longer than usual summer vacation, and I think that's just made me more lazy than usual for summertime.

I moved my desk to a new spot for the first time since I moved into that building in 1998. I was also able to get rid of 5 desks, so no more 35 kids per class this year. They tossed one of my bookshelves, so I'm down a shelf. :rolleyes: I'm also missing a trash can. :confused:

I think that I'll go back to work tomorrow and take my camera. I always put classroom photos on my class webpage. I forgot to take my camera today. After that, I'm not going to set foot in my room until I have to be there on the 30th.

3. linswin23

linswin23 Cohort

Jul 17, 2012

That's awesome!!

4. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 17, 2012

When do you go back? Congrats on getting your room done. I enjoy and hate it at the same time. I like it when it's done, but it's so tiring in the mean time.

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 17, 2012

I start with in-service on July 30th. Kids come back August 7th. That's a week later than last year.

6. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 17, 2012

You still have plenty of time left then. I hope you enjoy it!

7. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 17, 2012

Sounds great :) My school is having some renovations and will be open sometime between the 2nd and the 9th (hopefully!). I just this week started feeling the itch to go to school. I moved classrooms this year and it is going to take some time and trial and error to figure out how to arrange it.

8. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jul 17, 2012

Our kids go back on August 16th. I just got my room in order. I am so glad to be basically done so early. One less thing to worry about.

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2012

Ima, that's great! I'm still in full summer mode and am not thinking about going in anytime soon!

10. stampin'teacher

stampin'teacher Cohort

Jul 17, 2012

Same here! Wow...I don't have to go back until Aug 27...I'm happy for you but definitely nowhere near school mode again!

11. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Jul 18, 2012

I did a great deal of work on my room before I left for summer break. There were still things I wanted to do, but most of them had to do wtih organization and I couldn't do them until I go my schedule. I went to work on my room about 2 hours today. I'm not done, but I don't have much left to do either. I do, however, need to get moving. We start back Aug. 3rd. :huh:

I can't wait to see the pictures of your room. I have looked at your pictures several times looking for ideas.

12. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 18, 2012

Me too!!! Well, I went in for two hours and mostly just reorganized all my desk drawers because I moved my desks to new spots in the room. I'm going back tomorrow for a few hours and then some old students are meeting me next week for the heavy stuff. I like to know its done, long before it needs to be.

13. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2012

I used to do the same thing.
    I would go in real early, "O' dark hundred," do all the moving and then do lesson planning in the solitude of my room. I put the radio or iPod on and play music that I like, the kind that gets me working.:thumb: Quit about noon, and hit the pool. I used to get sooooo much done some time I'd get the whole year planned out in just a couple days :2up:(yes, I know the administration would change the schedule and :eek: I have to redo much of the time line but I was gad my lesson plans were done).

You must feel like you have accomplished a lot, I know I always did.:)