grrr

Discussion in 'General Education' started by bonneb, Feb 27, 2008.

1. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Feb 27, 2008

Help!

It is only 9:05 and already my class is on my last nerve.

I am thinking of changing my name . . .

Why? They came in fighting and crying. They were unruly the last 1/2 of the day yesterday - it is like they are all on high speed cold meds!

Plus our staff seems to be going through that crabby period . . .

Just thought I would share . . .

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 27, 2008

Well, it's nice that you're able to post on this board during work hours! I'm not able to do that at my school & even if I did post, anything I do online can be tracked & I'd be afraid if my work found out that I'm posting on boards during work hrs...even if it is recess or lunch break.

Isn't this the time of the year when many teachers get more frustrated anyway because it's the last trimester of school & there aren't really any more holidays except for Easter vacation & Memorial Day?

I know those last few mos are tough. All we can do is hang in there! I remember last school year, I was chosen as a juror & the case lasted 2 mos & when I went back to work, there were only a few days of school left. That was PERFECT! Hopefully, it will happen to you!

4. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2008

It's the Moon
    :D

5. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Feb 27, 2008

I posted a very similar thread over in the teacher time out section!!!!

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 27, 2008

bonneb, I'm sorry! :hugs: I've noticed that my tutoring groups are starting to act up. Luckily I only meet with two more before TAKS next week.

Dave, its always the moon or the barometric pressure rising.

7. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Feb 27, 2008

aahh . . . the moon . . . seriously, last month at the full moon the whole school was CRAZY!

Ms. I, we do have a lot of freedom in our school. The kids were starting their 5 min. seat work when I came online. I can't imagine not being able to go online even during a break! I know I have it good - we are told what the expectation are, then they leave us alone to live up to the expectations. All the teachers in this school work like dogs, so we are given a little slack in other ways - yeah!

Thanks everyone for letting me get it all off my chest. We got right to work and I have kept reminding myself what a great class I have and to keep smiling. The culprits are 1 student with a terrible homelife who is having a lot of trouble dealing with it so it comes out at school - she is pretty responsive once the explosion is over; 3 students who are constantly off task, making weird sounds, flying their pencils during lesson time, one was making a sharp point on a paper clip with his scissors today, and pointing it in his own face! Then one whose family is just at the beginning of falling apart, having a terrible time with acting out . . . I feel for each one, but when they all act out together I feel like my classroom becomes a zoo! Then I have about 5 students who are wanting so much to be challenged, but I am spending the time with the 5 who aren't able to get it together. Thankfully, there is a lot of support within the staff (even when we get cranky, we support each other!)

But I love them all.

8. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Feb 27, 2008

Ahh, I love that I NEED SPRING BREAK NOW!! attitude...My staff seems to be infected also!

9. emmyblemmy

emmyblemmy Companion

Feb 27, 2008

Ah, yes, I am familiar with the crabby staff and cabin-feverish children. Hang in there, spring break is on the way! And have a cup of hot tea.

10. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Feb 28, 2008

When I see the staff getting cranky (and myself) I bring in something yummy to eat - pastries for everyone or a big bag of chocolate and put it in the teachers' room!
    That cheers everyone up for the day!