Groupon

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by doubletrouble, Jun 23, 2013.

1. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Companion

Jun 23, 2013

Have you ever bought anything from Groupon? I see things on there all the time I would like to purchase but uneasy about getting item. They also have really good deals on getaways but my DH is scared of trying it afraid we will be in a roach motel or something.:dizzy:

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jun 23, 2013

I've only bought Vistaprint deals. I have a friend who gets mani/pedi deals all the time.

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jun 23, 2013

I've purchased quite a bit from them. I tend to do my research before I hit "Buy", checking out company websites and on-line reviews. I've purchased restaurant gift certificates, store vouchers and photo books. I haven't purchased any getaways, but have seen a few that looked less-than-stellar.

5. alioxenfree

alioxenfree Rookie

Jun 23, 2013

Research

I do the same as Mrs. C and do research first. I've gotten Groupons for meals at restaurants, for great deals on car washes, and for Vistaprint deals. I mostly buy goods from them though- a camera, a blender, toothbrushes, an iPad case, and some other things I can't think of right now. There are other things I haven't purchased after doing some research.

6. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Jun 23, 2013

I bought sessions at a crossfit gym from groupon. I only went a couple of times though. They had so many people responding that they were having a hard time keeping up. Also...I'd just left another CF gym and as it turned out, I didn't really want to go back to it. lol....it was a good deal though, all things considered. It just wasn't for me at the time.

7. bros

bros Phenom

Jun 24, 2013

I've bought many things from groupon. Just read the reviews and triple check the terms and conditions of any non-tangible items i.e. getaways & tours