group teacher gifts

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by kimrandy1, Jun 9, 2005.

1. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jun 9, 2005

Do your families usually pool resources to buy one teacher gift at the end of the year, and if so, what do you get? Or do you get individual gifts from kids, or nothing at all? Are your families competitive as to who gives what to the teacher and how is that handled?
    Kim

3. Margo

Margo Devotee

Jun 9, 2005

I usually get individual gifts from my kids...if at all. There doesn't seem to be any competition as far as gift giving. But then again, I teach in a Title 1 school so there is not a lot of extra money floating around for gifts. However, this year, I did get some free passes to SeaWorld or Busch Gardens so that was pretty decent.

4. RRLL

RRLL Rookie

Jun 9, 2005

In my school, there seems to be competition as to who gets the kids with parents who do buy gifts. I've always taught the At Risk group, so there are rarely gifts any gifts received. One teacher and her parapro this year made four trips to their cars - not joking- just to take their gifts out. Another teacher who really is concerned about this kind of stuff had 6 parents go together to get her a digital camera. She also had a desk full of other gifts from these same parents as well as many others. There are other teachers in our school who receive similar amounts of gifts and many others who are like me and rarely receive anything.