Group games for K-4th Grade

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by SpecialEdTeache, Feb 8, 2011.

1. SpecialEdTeache

SpecialEdTeache Companion

Feb 8, 2011

We are thinking now we would like to play games such as Simon Says with small groups at the kids' pizza party on Wednesday.

Does anyone have other group activities that small groups can play? We couldn't figure out any academic games they could all play b/c the youngest kids are ESL and are on K level.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Feb 8, 2011

Musical chairs, hot potato, ball pass, quiet ball, bozo buckets, hang man, silly races (crab walk, bear walk, backwards walk)

4. SpecialEdTeache

SpecialEdTeache Companion

Feb 9, 2011

Thanks so much, Mopar!! Those sound great. This is my first experience teaching first grade/K.

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Feb 9, 2011

You could even play duck duck goose or color tag or some other variation of tag.

6. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Feb 10, 2011

Bingo

7. ARico

ARico New Member

Feb 12, 2011

A game that I have played with 3rd and 4th graders that they seemed to have playing was bowling. I bought 6 big bottles of soda and just poured out the soda to be the pins. I played this at Thanksgiving so I bout a small pumpkin or squash, but you could probably use anything. It was fun and I stationed a parent with the kids and they turned it into a math game. Kids would count the pins they knocked down and then they would mulitiply the number they knocked over by the number still standing. You could turn it into an addition or subtraction problem or just have the kids count the pins. It was always a big hit!

8. sanjacteacher

sanjacteacher Rookie

Feb 14, 2011

I like using educational games in class: spelling sparkle, flashlight spelling, math games from the positive engagement project, guess my rule, mind puzzles, and fred jones stuff.