Group art project

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Guest, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 16, 2002

There is a rumor going around my building that we are going to be required to produce some sort of class project that would be auctioned off during our school spring fundraiser. I would like to get a head start, but am idea-less. Something having to do with Sept. 11th might work, but I would love to have any and all suggestions. I will have 20 fourth graders this year. Thanks in advance!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 16, 2002

Have every child in your class bring in a square of Fabric that is in some way patriotic or have each one bring in a red, white and blue peice of fabric. Sew it together and make a simple quilt.

4. 5leafclover

5leafclover Companion

Aug 16, 2002

Get some of that colorful wire, red white and blue, and have the students make wire sculptures by bending the wire into a patriotic shape, or a shape that reminds them of 9/11. Then you attch the wire to a little square of wood. The art teacher at my last school did this with the 4th and 5th grades last year and the kids did a really great job. The little miniature sculptures were awesome. Each one was about 5 inches tall.

Nick