GROSS! POOP STORY!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Mrs. Mom, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Jan 27, 2009

Ok, I happened to notice a small brown ball in the floor of my classroom yesterday...my THIRD GRADE classroom. My first thought was ha ha, that looks like poop! But poop wouldn't be laying on my floor! I grabbed a couple of kleenex and scooped it up. Of course, I had to give it the old smell test. Sure enough! Poop! :eek:hmy: I was trying to continue teaching as my brain was racing trying to figure out how it appeared in my floor. Then I notice a smaller piece fairly close to where I found the first one. YUCK! Both pieces found near the same desk area. Gotta say, that's never happened before. Just thought I'd share!:lol:

3. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jan 27, 2009

On my, it's too early in the a.m. for poop. I can't believe I read this, the whole thing. Oh how gross, what did you do about the pooper?

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 27, 2009

Gross is right! Did you find the "offender"?

Everyone still talks about the day a couple of months ago when I found myself on "poop patrol", guarding some that was found on the floor in the hallway until the caretaker could come and clean up. Not a lot of fun!

5. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Jan 27, 2009

I can beat that. Few years back we had a new kindergartener. About 110 lbs and not toilet trained. Janitor was out sick and
    the little boy went in the small boys restroom across from the K room. It was all over the walls and floor etc. I just took the bleach and mop bucket and big mop and held my nose. PE teachers wear many hats. He was out of there soon after that.

6. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Jan 27, 2009

Dear God NO!!! Poop in THIRD GRADE?! I feel like once a kid is out of diapers, unless they have a health condition, poop should ONLY be in the toilet. Ugh, that poor kid was probably totally mortified! it was bad enough vomitting in front of other kids in school, imagine if they found out you had pooped?!

7. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Jan 27, 2009

Last year we had a kiddo who would go in the bathroom and somehow end up coming out with poo all over his shoes, and he would continue to walk around the entire classroom stinking everything up. Because I traveled to their room at the time I had a hard time figuring out what was going on. I was pretty grossed out to think of all the germs going around.

ALSO, last year we had a little girl come to our school as a refugee she had no social skills, verbal communication, or correct behavior skills for a school setting. She had never been exposed to anything as structured as school is for that matter.

Well, one day she popped right in the middle of the reading rug, lifted her skirt and proceeded to urinate in front of the class. She had no idea it wasn't appropriate.

8. becky

becky Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2009

The poor girl. Why wasn't she better prepared??

9. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Jan 27, 2009

They had just come to the US and had no preparation whatsoever. She was in kindergarten so they just placed her with us and basically we chased her around all year. She needed more than we could offer, and this year (now in first grade) she's placed in a school in our district that specializes in ELL.

10. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2009

My first year teaching I was the behavior teacher. Since our schedule really didn't allow time for me to have them in my classroom every day, I came up with the breakfast club. My kids would come eat breakfast with me in my room. I had one student that had an intestinal issues. His poop would be the size of a cow pattie and heavy like that too. The janitor would have to come into my room to flush my toilet. It wouldn't particularly smell but it was hard to flush it down.

11. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Jan 27, 2009

Last year we had kids who would smear it on the walls of the bathroom, it's just disgusting. I can say I never saw it in my room, how yucky!!!:)

12. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jan 27, 2009

Ok this is totally disgusting but if it was a ball of poo wouldn't the kid had to pull down the pants to do that. I mean a ball of poo would come out of the pants right?

I can't believe I just wrote that.

13. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jan 27, 2009

How about a 4th grader? Yep, years ago we had a 4th grader poop his pants. He was a "cry wolf" kind of kid, and when he asked to use the bathroom, he was denied by the teacher. Well, he did walk out, and the teacher assumed he went to the bathroom (her policy-if an emergency and I said no, just go). Well, he went-in his pants. And instead of going to the clinic to clean up, he decided to walk home. (he was a bus rider). His poop was all the way down the front sidewalk. Yuck. Mom was more embarrassed than mad.

14. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2009

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

15. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Jan 27, 2009

I could have written this post! My first long-term sub job was in a 3rd grade and the week before it ended the EXACT same thing happened to me! I saw a small ball on the floor and when I picked it up...luckily with kleenex, realized it was poop. I couldn't believe it! Crazy, cause a few days later it happened again. I never did find out who did it! Makes you wonder how that happens? Do they not wipe?

16. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 27, 2009

GROSS!!!!!!!!!

Two years ago, I had a student who would poop in the bathroom, but couldn't wipe very well. He would come back to class smelling horrible, and having his pants stained.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  17. Arky

Arky Comrade

Jan 27, 2009

The teacher across the hall found one in her waste basket. She stared at it, poked it, and then examined it a bit closer. WE never found out where it came from.

18. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jan 27, 2009

Too funny Sue

Maybe they brought it back from the bathroom.:dizzy:

19. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 27, 2009

Depending on where she was a refugee from there may have been many reasons why she wasn't 'better prepared'...

20. LiveNLearn

LiveNLearn Comrade

Jan 27, 2009

BENEFIT #1 of teaching sixth grade...
    No balls of poop.

Farting, yes.
    Poop, no.
    :eek:

21. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Jan 27, 2009

And the need for showers after PE (we dont have a gym/locker rooms/nothing) so ours don't even get to change after.... :|

22. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jan 27, 2009

I had a student go poop in his swimming trunks at a water park. The water running down his legs while we ran to the bathroom was brown.

I have an hearing impaired 8 year old with mild cognitive delays whose parents clean him after he poops. If we are not in the bathroom with him, he would actually wipe himself with his hands and lick them. He knows that he should not do this but thinks it is hilarious when the aide freaks out. You would think with 3 years of teachers complaining to his parents that they would actually teach him at home. We have been doing hand over hand at school...

I had a friend who had a student that used to go poop in the bathroom, carry it back to the classroom and hide it. Her class was a mess and she was a packrat and we couldn't find the poop one time...

I have another friend who had a student who went poop in his pants. He went to the bathroom and cleaned himself off but had no idea what to do with his underwear, so he tucked it in his butt crack. His underwear fell out as he was running laps in gym with his class, lol.

I have a student who has celiac disease but also has sensory issues and would only eat certain foods. She is constantly constipated and her doctor has given her permission to use her finger to help scoop the poop out of her rectum... Needless to say, she has to bring her own bottle of soap from home.

I'm sure that I have some more poop stories, but I am beginning to gross myself out.:lol:

23. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 27, 2009

....but you do have those other hormonally influenced body occurences...:eek:

24. MissX

MissX Rookie

Jan 27, 2009

oh my gosh. that was sick proud2be..!

ive heard of kids smearing the walls with poop, but ive never heard of a "licker" story.

25. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Jan 27, 2009

I am so glad I already ate dinner!!!
    My goodness I forget the things that primary teachers have to deal with!

26. LATechTeacher

LATechTeacher Companion

Jan 27, 2009

Last year, we had a pooper that would go in the corner of the boys bathroom. They couldn't figure it out. The pooper decided he would upgrade to the hallway, and when the 3-5th grade came back from lunch they have to make a detour due to the pile on the floor. He finally got caught when he did it on the floor of the gym while his class was in P.E. Needless to say the coach was VERY Mad!

27. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jan 27, 2009

My greatest laugh of the day. Thank you! :lol:

28. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jan 27, 2009

This is like a train wreck. I know I am disgusted by this and yet I keep on checking the thread!

29. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jan 27, 2009

Mrs.Mom, did you ever find the offender?

30. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jan 28, 2009

These stories are both horrible and hilarious!

As a high school teacher I don't have a poop story, but on a somewhat related note... Last month one of my students (not a major behavior problem, but a bit goofy) asked if he could go out in the hallway. I told him No thinking this was a rather strange request and why on earth would I let a student go out in the hallway in the middle of a lesson for no apparent reason. After about 5 seconds after I told him no, a guy at his table says to me "Um, I think the rest of us at this table really DO want him to go in the hallway for a moment, if you get what I mean. He's got something to, um, pass out there." Needless to say the rest of the class starts cracking up. I kind of laughed, shook my head in disbelief, and let the kid go in the hallway to pass what he needed to pass! I just thought it was funny that he would just admit he had to fart and leave the room, as opposed to the typical... fart, and claim ignorance when people smell it! It probably helped that this was a smaller class with students who were pretty comfortable around each other, but still!

31. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Jan 28, 2009

OK, Crazy Art Teacher, now we know why you're crazy! Wow!

32. becky

becky Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2009

I used to work with a guy from Poland. He once told me that before they came here they were given all kinds of education on how to survive here. Some of it was outdated, but at least it gave them a starting point.

33. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Jan 28, 2009

Haha Thanks scholarteacher!

Oh another incident I forgot, we come together monthly at our school for an awards ceremony. When it was finished everyone got up and returned to class. I was one of the last to leave and happened to discover two little plops of poo in the middle of the gym floor! Gotta love elementary!

34. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Jan 28, 2009

omg that is disgusting! I hate poop~

last year the first grade teacher had a pooper in her class, he would poop on the carpet and then leave it there.. It sooo grossed her out!

35. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2009

I have a friend who had one in fifth grade who would poop, then try to hide it under his desk... blech! There was nothing they could do- mom wouldn't bring clothes. The whole room would stink daily. I would die!

36. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jan 28, 2009

Brings to mind that book...
    "EVERYBODY POOPS" or is it "Everyone Poops"?
    My poop story is gross due to the fact that I was cleaning out the poop last week, off one of a 4-5 year old's underwear, in the toilet, while flushing it AND my team teacher claimed, "At my last school, we just placed the underwear with poop included in a bag and sent it home.":eek: How can such teachers live with themselves, KNOWING that they sent this bag of schet home to a child's family? She claimed that it was their school policy. I think it's a freaking lazy A$$ policy, IF YOU ASK ME!
    One time I was flushing crap like the above, and accidently flushed the kid's undies down the toilet AND it was too funny! I was just worried that the thingy was going to overflow but it didn't. Told the parent the truth we had a good laugh abt it.
    Any good poop story is one that has a funny ending.
    Poop on,:D
    Rebel1

37. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Jan 29, 2009

Ugh, that reminds me of an incident that occured when I was a freshman in college. In the boys dorm, someone took feces and used it to write the word SH-- on the wall of the second floor bathroom. Everyone was so grossed out and because no one would fess up to who did it, they were put on lockdown for about a week.

It's disgusting enough to imagine second graders doing that, but 18-year-olds? EW EW EW!!!!

38. LiveNLearn

LiveNLearn Comrade

Jan 29, 2009

:lol:

Scene: First day of first year of teaching.
    Student: "Can I go outside?"
    Me: "No."
    Student: "But I really need to pass."

Laughter ensues...

The kid farted all the time the entire year. We would all laugh and point to the door when he asked to go outside. It got so bad, he went to the doctor. The results were inconclusive, but I say it was the school food.
    :blush:

39. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2009

so....back to the original post...how in the world did the poop get on the floor???

40. storyh

storyh Companion

Jan 29, 2009

I have one, too. When I was student teaching one little boy pooped his pants and didn't tell anyone. It took us half the day to figure out where the smell was coming from. He did it more than once but after the first time we knew who the culprit was. I felt bad for him just sitting in it that long, but the smell was so bad it seemed stuck in my nose for days. I could smell it when I wasn't in that room. It was gross!

41. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jan 31, 2009

I don't have a poop story (yet, I fear), but for some strange reason this thread has miraculously cheered me.

As frustrating as this month has been thanks to benchmarks, let's keep this thread going -- it may be the only thing that keeps us from crying :lol: