Gross morning. Make me feel better!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Caesar753, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Oct 19, 2015

This morning I discovered what looks like mouse poop all over my desk. :eek::eek::eek: My new (to me) school is a very old building with a lot of pest issues.

Please make me feel better. Tell me something yucky or bad about where you work, tell me a joke, show me a funny picture, whatever. I am so incredibly grossed out right now....

[​IMG]

3. cupcakequeen

cupcakequeen Comrade

Oct 19, 2015

Eww! I'm so sorry about your mouse problem. I would be extremely freaked out.

My room is directly under a place in the roof that leaks majorly every time we have rain for more than a day or so. The leak in particular is right over my bookcase (which won't fit anywhere else in the room) so every time there's a storm coming I have to stack my books elsewhere in the room. The kids love it- it's like an obstacle course. I could do without the frequent rearranging. And don't even get me started on the leak related mold....I've been sneezing since August, and it's so gross. It gives me chills. At least I've been informed the mold isn't of the toxic variety...

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 19, 2015

Here's my favourite "poo at school" story for you; it happened about 5 years ago when I was a Special Ed Resource teacher.

I was walking from one classroom to another, getting ready to go into a grade 8 classroom. I was almost at the classroom door when I noticed a piece of poo on the floor across from the classroom door. I carried a walkie talkie, so I called for a caretaker to come for a "cleanup". While I waited, I stood guard. It was the time for classes to change, so soon the hall was full of students and I was frantically trying to steer them around the poo. It took almost 10 minutes for a caretaker to arrive; everyone (staff and students) got a good laugh out of MrsC's "supervision duty". We never did find out where the poo came from!

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 19, 2015

In my old school, a mouse gave birth to babies - in a cradle in the pre-k room. So cute. In my own room, a mouse nested in a stuffed animal in the closet.

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Oct 19, 2015

I don't want to think about poo in my teaching area because I TEACH FROM MY HOUSE, so here are two corgi puppies on a treadmill.
    [​IMG]

teacherintexas and otterpop like this.
  7. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Oct 19, 2015

I used to have a mouse in my classroom -- it was an old inner-city building and I am sure that little mouse was the least of my problems! I kept telling our janitor and it would always hide when he came to "investigate." The man must have thought I was crazy! Then finally one time it scampered out from under my desk one time when he was there and he screamed like a little baby!

8. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Oct 19, 2015

I used to work in a classroom with an oven. At one point we had a mouse living inside the stovetop - under where the burners sit - in the inner workings of the oven.

9. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Oct 19, 2015

We have a stomach virus running through the school right now...and we have babies and preschoolers in the school. Several times each day we hear the call out for a cleanup somewhere in a hallway or classroom...and it is usually coming from both ends...Poo enough for you?!

10. GeetGeet

GeetGeet Companion

Oct 19, 2015

Just get some rubbing alcohol and wipe your desk with it. Problem=solved!
    Also, most people are just as gross as most mice.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  11. GeetGeet

GeetGeet Companion

Oct 19, 2015

My school used to have a major leak problem (years ago). Custodians would set up elaborate tupperware/tube/trashcan labyrinths to deal with this. For example, there was a leak in my classroom, and brown water would trickle down into a tupperware suspended from the ceiling with paperclips. Rubber tubing was inserted into the tupperware and fused to the tupperware with a lighter. Then, the tubing would lead to a trashcan that would collect the water. These set-ups were literally all over the school. Another design was a tarp suspended from the ceiling with a small hole that would leak into a trashcan (to take care of several leaks in a small area that needed greater coverage than the tupperware could provide).

12. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Oct 19, 2015

We found a jacket with poop in the pockets. No one claimed it. Bleh.

13. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Oct 19, 2015

Love the Corgi puppies!

catnfiddle likes this.
  14. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Oct 19, 2015

A few years ago I had a student tell me he felt sick. Before I could say anything, he projectile vomited spectacularly. He was easily 15 feet from me with several desks in between. Some of it landed on the floor by my foot. I held it together long enough to send him to the bathroom and then I almost ran to the hall and told the kids to meet me out there and to be careful where they walked. In short - I abandoned them in the vomit room. By then I was full force dry heaving. I have a bit of a weak stomach.

[​IMG]

wldywall and MissyB like this.
  15. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 19, 2015

In the last week:
    A kid sneezed on my leg
    A kid I was helping in math handed me a wet gooey pencil
    A kid dripped yogurt on me while he was eating snack and I was checking hw

16. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Oct 19, 2015

These are all super gross. Thank you. :p:D

17. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Oct 23, 2015

My last classroom had a leak in the ceiling, not only did it leave a huge moldy spot on the carpet....it covered one of the desks as well. No custodian came into my class for three weeks....and the desk grew mold. Green and brown mold. A week later one of my special lovelies ....a very hyper child.... sat there. I told him to move to a clean desk. He said no then proceeded to lick the desk. Ewwwwww

18. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Oct 23, 2015

*shudder* I can relate! We had a major mouse problem last year. I (stupidly) left a bag of goldfish crackers in a drawer, thinking mice couldn't get in there...came back from Christmas break to two drawers of my teaching stuff filled with goldfish cracker crumbs and mouse poo. I couldn't deal, UGH!!! Now I don't allow ANY food to stay in my classroom EVER!

19. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Oct 24, 2015

A couple highlights...

Over the summer, I had just finished using the bathroom when I discovered that a sleeping bat was sharing the bathroom with me. I'm still grateful that I didn't see it until I had my pants on, because I honestly can't say for sure that I would have finished that step before running into the hallway.

From a kid perspective, there's no fun vomit or poop stories, but I do have plenty of awkward moments when a kid gives me a handshake or a high-five, and their hand is definitely wet with an unknown substance. Or a time when a kid asks me for help with something before a hard-boiled egg fart has dissipated, and needing to try to keep myself together when I just want to be anywhere whatsoever except next to that kid.

20. missrebecca

missrebecca Comrade

Oct 24, 2015

I once had a first grader have a bathroom accident all over the floor in front of me while she was asking to use the restroom.

Last year I found a dead gopher, complete with long yellow gopher teeth sticking out, right in front of my classroom door.

Also having to do with pest issues, the other day during pickup, I opened a car door to help some students in and found a scorpion on the seatbelt.

The only poop I've ever seen at work was in retail. In a dressing room. Human poop.

Edit: Oh! And swarming clouds of bloodsucking mosquitos outside the grass by our classroom doors. So. Many. Mosquitos! I had to ask all parents to send in anti-itch cream for their child because everyone had so many bites.

21. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Oct 24, 2015

When I was a preschool teacher our school policy was that students needed to be fully potty trained before they could be admitted. I had a student who was in the bathroom by himself, and was having fun with........um...I guess you could say finger painting. He smeared poop all over the stalls, and all over himself. I gagged when I walked in and had to immediately leave. Luckily, our playground aide cleaned him up. I actually suspect he had special needs, and was just trying to get the poop off him.

22. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Oct 25, 2015

My friend student taught in a very mouse infested school. The kids did not even react when mice ran across the room during lessons. At least once a week a mouse would be discovered in a toilet (restrooms in the class). Sometimes alive,sometimes dead.

23. melnm

melnm Companion

Oct 25, 2015

When I taught three year old preschool one of my students was very upset and crying. As I was holding her on my lap trying to get her calmed down, I felt something warm and wet on my legs. I quickly set her down, but not quick enough. I learned then that not only the kids needed to bring a change of clothes, but I did too!

24. creativemonster

creativemonster Comrade

Oct 25, 2015

years ago student teaching a mouse freaked out students, then scampered from classroom to my bags (unknown to me until later...) to my drive to my credentialing school, back to my car and then, while I was driving, up my seat and onto my left shoulder. I never knew I was scared of tiny mice until then. How I avoided a car accident I do not know.

And oh yes I have had all sorts of mold - current classroom leaks every time it rains and my ceiling tiles are bloated with water and mold retention. School's answer? to go up there with a ladder and screw them in. (two fell once during parent conference night!) EEEWWWW!

25. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Oct 26, 2015

I had a child poop in her pants but it fell out onto the floor and I stepped in it. Same student peed in her chair and didn't tell anyone. I found it when I sat down in the chair after school to have a meeting.

26. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Oct 26, 2015

I forgot about the time a kid sneezed green snot onto my foot. I was wearing sandals. Barf.

27. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Oct 26, 2015

Custodian came to my classroom one day and told me that he'd caught several mice. I thought it was odd that he needed to tell me that, and then he added that he had borrowed my peanut butter to bait the traps. OMG! Who does that?

28. Samaran

Samaran New Member

Oct 27, 2015

I was walking from one classroom to another, getting ready to go into a grade 8 classroom. I was almost at the classroom door when I noticed a piece of poo on the floor across from the classroom door. I carried a walkie talkie, so I called for a caretaker to come for a "cleanup". While I waited, I stood guard. It was the time for classes to change, so soon the hall was full of students and I was frantically trying to steer them around the poo. It took almost 10 minutes for a caretaker to arrive; everyone (staff and students) got a good laugh out of MrsC's "supervision duty". We never did find out where the poo came from!

free online store builder online shoppingecommerce softwareonline shoppingdaily deals

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015