*Groan* Did I really just eliminate myself?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by giraffe326, May 9, 2012.

1. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

May 9, 2012

*Groan* Did I really just eliminate myself? **Update**

I just renewed my Michigan license. I went online to update all of my applications (the applitrak ones) and resubmitted them all so they are up-to-date. Then, I got THREE of the following e-mails:

To:Me
    Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:59 PM
    Subject: Regarding your **** Area Schools Employment Consortium online application.
    Dear *** ****,

Thank you for your online application for **** Public Schools. Since you have submitted your application after the deadline, we were unable to consider your application for Grade 1 Teacher position. In order to be considered for future positions, you will need to login and submit your application by the stated deadline.

Sincerely,

Human Resources
    ***** Public School District

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I responded with the following. I hope it works!

Ms. *****,

I am having a problem with my consortium application. I applied for your openings in kindergarten, first, and second grades back in April. Today, I went online to update my teaching certificate. It was going to expire in June of this year, and I just got my renewal that is valid until 2015. After I updated and resubmitted my application, I received the e-mail below, as well as two more e-mails for the other positions. I know it is an automated response. Did I eliminate my previous application by updating my license? If so, is there a way to rectify this? I am currently teaching in North Carolina, and I am trying to move back to Michigan. I believe I am an excellent candidate- I am certified in elementary, with math, social studies, and early childhood endorsements. I have five years experience teaching elementary school in North Carolina, a year and a half of experience subbing in Michigan, and I student taught in a first grade classroom. Please let me know if their is anything I can do, or send you, to be considered for these positions.

Thank you,

giraffe

3. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

May 9, 2012

Hmm...I applied to many consortiums in MI last year and wondered the same thing, although I didn't get any emails about it. I don't know the answer, but I'm curious to find out! (Sorry, I know that's not helpful.)

I think the email sounds good though!

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 10, 2012

I think that it was just an automated response, it probably does not take your previous application out of the running. If I were you, I would send the new information to the school principals were the openings are.

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

May 10, 2012

Alright, now I don't know what to do. At 1:30 AM, I received this e-mail from the HR person's personal address (which I e-mailed- not the mailbot thing):

Hello Giraffe,

No, this did not eliminate your application. You are still in the mix with the other applicants. You are free to upload and update after the deadline and your original submission was in on time before the deadline. If you are chosen to be interviewed, you will receive a phone call from us inviting you to come in.

Human Resources Assistant

Then, around 7AM, I received another e-mail from the personal address:

Hello Giraffe,

I just wanted you to know that your name has been placed back in the applicant pool for the positions you applied for. You had applied prior to the deadline and there was a program problem on our end. When you uploaded or changed information, it changed your submission date to be after the deadline, which is not your fault.

Good luck with your job search.

I was at school (and this is using my Yahoo address) so I couldn't respond. I have since gotten the following mailbot automated response from the school:

Dear Giraffe,

Thank you for your time and interest in **** Public Schools and our open position for a Grade 4 teacher. The position you applied for is now closed and we will carefully review applications and begin to schedule interviews. Although it may appear as if we are not interested in engaging in a conversation in person, on the phone, or via email, our intent is to allow the process to progress with integrity.

We look forward to reviewing your credentials via the Applitrack system. We will be in contact with you either via email or phone to notify you of an interview or that the position has been filled. Thank you for your patience.

Human Resources Office
    **** Public Schools

New dilemma- do I e-mail her back to thank her for responding to my e-mails? Or not because of this automated e-mail. I'm not sure what is worse- not thanking her for her help or breaking the rules! :dizzy:

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 10, 2012

I think it is okay to email her back as a reply to her two earlier emails. She fixed a problem for you, thank her for your time.

7. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

May 10, 2012

Great to hear it worked out. It's probably just an automatic response from the system.

8. BruinsFan63

BruinsFan63 Rookie

May 10, 2012

Good thing you double checked to make sure that your application went through. I would definitely thank her for ensuring your application went through and responding so quickly. You may not get a response back, but I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

9. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

May 10, 2012

K. Done. This is a really good school district, but it is about 70 minutes away, so I am not super crazy about the drive. But 70 minutes is better than staying 750 miles from my family :)

10. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 11, 2012

Good luck! You could always move closer to the school and drive the 70 minutes on weekends.

11. wanting2teach

wanting2teach Rookie

May 11, 2012

Yes, email back. It doesn't hurt and the more your name is seen, the better!

12. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

May 11, 2012

I own a house here in NC. I am not anticipating a quick sale, so I will have to live with family until it sells.

13. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 11, 2012

I totally understand that situation. I had a similar problem until we could find renters for our old home.