Gripe about release time tomorrow

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by newbie23, Oct 30, 2011.

1. newbie23

newbie23 Comrade

Oct 30, 2011

I'm going through my typical Sunday evening blues and have already had my, "Oh no, how am I going to get everything done for the week?" panic attack. That I'm used to and can handle... somewhat.

What makes matters worse this week is that I have a substitute tomorrow morning. Last week we gave our quarterly assessments in math and reading. The district is providing each teacher with 1/2 day to grade the assessments at school. I graded all of my math and most of my reading this weekend because I knew that if I put it off until that dedicated time, I'd be a nervous wreck. I feel good about what I have graded so far and just need the reading scoring sheet to grade the short answers I have left. I know I can get that done during the time I have tomorrow.

My biggest problem is that I hate preparing to be out. Whether it is 1/2 day or 2 days, it just is so much extra work. I would rather just work all day tomorrow and finish up the grading after school. I know not everyone is like me but I feel like I've done 2x the work this weekend just getting everything typed out. Part of this is my own fault for not having sub plans typed out sooner for emergencies. I started at a new school this year so most of what I used to have at my last school already put together and typed out had to be changed.

I'm just taking comfort in the fact that I'm now being forced to get my sub info together and after today, if I need to have a sub for any reason it shouldn't take quite as long to prepare.

Oh well, thanks for reading. I just needed somewhere to vent. If I try venting to my family or friends, I know they'd say, "well at least you get time to grade them at school." I really just needed a place where people understand.

3. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Oct 30, 2011

I totally know what you mean. I hate planning for subs. I agree that it takes so long it's not worth it!

4. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Oct 30, 2011

i hate sub planning too. And I go into soooo much depth with my sub plans, it takes forever! I get jealous of my friends who can just take a sick day with no strings attached.

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Oct 30, 2011

Sub plans are really hard, but luckily once you get one set done, it gets easier! Hope you get a lot done tomorrow and can even plan ahead.