Greatest wedding dance

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by tiki7719, Jul 24, 2009.

1. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Jul 24, 2009

3. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 24, 2009

That's awesome!

4. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Jul 24, 2009

That's so funny.. I was just going to share this with you guys. One of my HS classmates just posted the YouTube video on her Facebook account. Here's what she (my friend/classmate) wrote: "The groom in this wedding studied abroad with a friend of mine so this is real! So funny...if you are going to get married, this is the way to do it! Makes me wonder what the reception was like? haha :)"

Loved it!

5. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Jul 24, 2009

What song was that? I've heard it plenty of times, but can't think of it.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 24, 2009

It looks like a lot of fun.

I'm just the tiniest bit put off, though, that it takes place in a church.

7. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 24, 2009

It made my day. And I hate weddings. But I guess I should change my opinion to reflect that I hate boring weddings. :)

And, personally, I think it was a joyful celebration of love, family, and friendship, and I think that's very fitting for a church. But I understand that many people would disagree and I understand and respect that.

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 24, 2009

Let me re-phrase my point.

If they cleared it ahead of time with the minister, then I think it's great. Different churches celebrate in different ways. And that dance was most certainly a celebration. This wasn't a Catholic church, and that's what I'm familiar with.

I would just hate for the minister to be taken by surprised if she was expecting a solemn ceremony.

9. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2009

I can't decide what I think of that. It was definitely fun to watch, but to me, the actual wedding ceremony is a VERY serious religous rite (we're Catholic, too), and the place for something like that is at a reception. But I know that the super-serious weddding isn't for everyone, either....if it suited the bride and groom, that's good for them, but it's not something I would have wanted for my wedding.
    Kim

10. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 24, 2009

They were on the Today Show this morning.

11. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Jul 24, 2009

The first guys with the programs are the best!

12. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 24, 2009

I love it! I'm sure they are very happy, too, because you can't be a stick in the mud and do something like that!

The song was a 'clean' one with no suggestive lyrics or swear words, so, to me, it is completely acceptable that it was played in a church.

13. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jul 24, 2009

that was crazy! lol yeah...I hope they did clear it with the minister.

14. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Jul 24, 2009

I'm sure they did clear it with the minister.

I see it as why not?

Why should every wedding be a sappy, serious affair? Especially when there are religious people who engage in pre-marital affairs and still get married in a church.

15. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2009

Nope, every wedding shouldn't be that way....that's why I said that if it suited the bride and groom, it was good for them. Just not for me. And I was not one of those super-serious religious people who had a pre-marital affair and then got married in a church. There are still many of us around that look at marriage in a different light.
    Kim

16. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jul 24, 2009

I thought it was great! The minister was dancing to I am sure she knew about it. Because of that it looks like a church that I would want to be a part of.

17. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Jul 24, 2009

18. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 24, 2009

They were on the Today Show and they did clear it with their minister before hand.

I LOVE IT. I don't think I would have had the guts to do it myself, but I loved it!

19. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 24, 2009

Not for me but everyone seemed to be loving it. I sort of got goose bumps when the bride came down.

I am sure this will start a little trend.

20. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 24, 2009

How fun!!!!

21. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 24, 2009

I'm not into weddings (when I got married, we just eloped) but IF I were to have a wedding, I would do it in a weird way like that too. I liked it. For me, life is too serious and why not celebrate in a fun silly way! :D

22. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Jul 24, 2009

It was great! Got teary eyed watching it. Isn't that what a wedding is, a celebration!! What a fun way to start their life together.:)

23. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Jul 24, 2009

ok...I'll be the crouchity old lady (get off my lawn!)

I was thinking...sheeesh how many people do they HAVE standing up to this wedding...until I realized they all went back and came around again. And the slow motion stuff that went ON and ON...

Cute idea (I agree - a little circusy for church)
    ...But
    W A Y
    T O O
    L O N G !

It's like someone who drags a joke out...ENOUGH already!

24. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 25, 2009

Love it! If you can't have fun on your special day, when can you have fun?! I loved it when the first 2 guys threw up the programs. I liked the tune too. It was a tad long, but that's ok.

25. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Jul 25, 2009

I don't think I could bring myself to do that in a church. Maybe if it was an outdoor ceremony or not a religious ceremony...but in my own opinion, if you're getting married in a church, then you most likely believe in the holy sacredness of the ceremony and it's not really a time to be dancing down the aisle to a song sung by a girlfriend-beater. The former minister at my church used to not even allow photographs taken during the ceremony because he believed that was a moment to be shared between the couple and God and he didn't want anything to detract from that.

It IS a very cool idea, I just don't think it was an appropriate setting for it...but that's just me!

26. cmw

cmw Groupie

Jul 25, 2009

I thought it was cute! I really liked the slow motion part. Good for them to make it their day...and a day to remember at that! I watched some of the other videos under that link and they were quite funny. :lol: Most were at receptions during the 1st dance instead of at the church.

PS I could never do anything like that! :eek:

27. carlea

carlea Comrade

Jul 25, 2009

I got married in Vegas so I didn't meet the minister marrying us until the day of the wedding. I asked him if he could tell some jokes throughout the ceremony so I wouldn't cry. He did a wonderful job! He said them in such a way that they sounded like part of the ceremony, very serious - I was listening so intently - and then he'd say the punchline and I just laughed - it was great!

28. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2009

I thought it was fun too. I also liked that it was obviously a bridezilla who was spending a fortune on her wedding. Suits, decent bridesmaid dresses and simple flowers. I think many haave gone way overboard on the wedding as as event thing so I liked that.

29. each1teach1

each1teach1 Cohort

Jul 25, 2009

I thought that was awesome! What better way to start a life of happy matrimony? It reminds me of my friends wedding that I went to two weeks ago. She didn't want the bridal march played so an orchestra just played soft music, but after the official presentation of the husband and wife the wedding party did the recession to "And another one bites the dust". It was hilarious!

30. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Jul 26, 2009

I totally agree with you. My church is very laid-back, but this would NEVER fly. Also, my minister didn't allow any photography during our ceremony either, for the same reason. (Although, I wouldn't have wanted pictures during the ceremony anyway-- I hate going to weddings and dealing with cameras going off all around me.)

31. MathManTim

MathManTim Companion

Jul 26, 2009

Very cute. I would never do that at my wedding (unless it truly meant that much to my hypothetical fiance), but I'm glad I live in a world where somebody did it at theirs.

MathManTim

32. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2009

What a riot they are! I thought it was great.
    But, no, I could never do that myself. Hmmm...maybe, if I wore those dark glasses ;)
    nah.
    :love:

33. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2009

Do you really think the she is a bridezillla?! The suits were simple, most guys wear tuxes and I thought the dresses on the girls were cute and simple. I liked that they were in different colors.

The little clip of her gave me the impression that she was a laid back bride.

34. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jul 27, 2009

I'm assuming from the context that scmom missed putting a "not" in there... I think she meant to say "I also liked that it was obviously not a bridezilla..."

35. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jul 27, 2009

This would not be allowed in my church. I think when you're making solemn vows to God you should be serious. Hope they don't ever have to make another dance to a lawyer's office.

To each his own.

36. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2009

I think if I requested this in my family's church, our pastor's only request would be that he danced with us!

The lyrics are great for a wedding song. I was thinking I would like to have this played at my reception then realized it is a Chris Brown song. No thanks.

I loved this. I still got teary eyed when they came down the aisle - probably more so than usual because they just looked so genuinely happy, when so many people look nervous and scared to death when they get married. With all the talk about should i get a wedding coordinator and what flowers and who should I invite, etc etc that we have on here, I hope I am that laid back and carefree on my wedding day.

37. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2009

A marriage is a celebration

Ecclesiastes 3:1-4.
    1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;....

A marriage is a time to dance

"Turn! Turn! Turn!", is a song adapted entirely from the Book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible (with the exception of the last line) and composed to music by Pete Seeger in 1959

38. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2009

Oops - must have been tired - I meant she was NOT a bridezilla.

39. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2009

That is what I thought!! :D

40. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Jul 27, 2009

How great!! They looked like they were all having SO much fun, and really enjoying the day as a day of celebration - which is what it's all about! I love, loved it!

41. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Jul 27, 2009

Me, too! Especially at the end, there's a very old relative on the groom's side watching and I just thought of all the generations flowing through life. OK! So, ya, I would love to have done this at my wedding. I was unorthodox enough for my relatives to handle. I think they would have gone nonlinear if I'd done this on top of holding the ceremony in a winery, having a dear friend (non-theist) ordained-for-one-day to preside over the ceremony, and writing the entire ceremony without reference to a higher power ... OTOH, maybe their eyebrows were so far up at this point, a line dance down the aisle would have been a non-event!

I loved this vid.