Great Interview Today

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TXowl, Aug 24, 2010.

1. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Aug 24, 2010

So things are definitely looking up despite school starting yesterday. I emailed a P about a position yesterday afternoon and he called for an interview yesterday evening.

I went in this morning, and despite having to wait for an hour, had a great interview! Plus, I found out that he's actually hiring 6 new teachers rather than just the 1 posted opening!!!! I'm so incredibly excited and think this may be my lucky day :woot: The district is the one I student taught in this spring so I'm hoping I can stay (especially since I live in the district and grew up here).

I wanted to jump up and down when he told me they needed so many new teachers. Although it does bother me that the district waited til after school started to do all this. Did they honestly have NO idea that they would need a new teacher every grade 1-5 and 2 for kinder?? He told me to call if I hadn't heard by Friday, but that I would probably hear before then. Now I'm just waiting, very anxiously, for that phone call.

I just thought I would share because I know a lot of people are in my same boat (no job and school has already started). I'm still checking for postings daily and emailing Ps with openings. Fingers crossed I won't have to much longer :D

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 24, 2010

Fingers crossed!!!

I don't think it's that they didn't notice that they needed teachers.

I think it was a combination of not being sure they had the money to hire them with not knowing the actual numbers until the late registrations came in.

4. SoReady2Teach

SoReady2Teach Comrade

Aug 24, 2010

Those extra openings are definitely great news. Good luck with everything!

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 25, 2010

Good luck!

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 25, 2010

Good luck!!

7. teach'ntx

teach'ntx Comrade

Aug 25, 2010

Good luck

8. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Aug 25, 2010

Best of luck :)

9. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Aug 26, 2010

So it's after 5 and I haven't heard yet. At the interview the P said that if I hadn't heard from him by Friday to call, so I guess Ill be calling tomorrow. I know that this probably sounds silly, but when should I call and what should I say? I was thinking of just calling and asking whether a decision had been made.

Now I'm just overthinking it! I know that this probably is not a bad sign, he's probably busy since it's the first week of school and they are having to set up 2 portables (for the new classes). I just really hope that I'll get hired. I really liked the school and how the P runs it. Fingers and toes crossed that when I call in the morning I find out I have a job!

10. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Aug 26, 2010

The first week of school is soooo crazy. Call him around 10:00 a.m. Good luck, keep us posted.

11. Tutor

Tutor Comrade

Aug 26, 2010

What time does school start? I'd call after the start of the school day, early enough so he can call you back. And if you have to leave a message I'd ask if there is a good time to catch him on the phone.

Good luck...

12. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Aug 27, 2010

I just called, but he wasn't in his office so I had to leave a voicemail. Now I guess I have to wait for him to call me back. This is so nerve-wrecking!!!

13. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Aug 27, 2010

It's been 2.5 hours and I'm dying waiting for the phone to ring!!! If he doesn't call back I'll have to wait all weekend to hear if I got it. Do I call back? Email? I am sooooo impatient at this point. I don't think I can stand it.

14. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Aug 27, 2010

He didn't return my call. I guess it will be a very long weekend waiting for Monday. Should I call again on Monday? Maybe try first thing?

15. teach'ntx

teach'ntx Comrade

Aug 27, 2010

I wish I had some great advice, but I have no idea. I do understand though as I am waiting to hear on one as well and should find out early next week. It's going to be a tough weekend!

16. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Aug 29, 2010

I've been waiting (impatiently) all weekend and now the big question, do I call back tomorrow, email the P, or just forget it? I'm prepped to fax my cover letter and resume to 5 other schools in the morning, but I'm wondering if I should just assume I didn't get this one or contact the P to find out for sure. Any advice would be welcomed, as I'm driving myself batty.

17. NCALIFTeacher

NCALIFTeacher Rookie

Aug 29, 2010

Try to get a hold of the principal tomorrow and I would also keep submitting resume/cover letter/applications until you hear otherwise. Goodluck, let's hope you hear good news! :)

18. teacher304

teacher304 Companion

Aug 30, 2010

So...let us know what happened. Sorry, been waiting all day to hear from you Rice07owl

19. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Aug 30, 2010

I called at 9 am and got his voicemail again. Still no call back. This is quite irritating. At some point being busy is no longer a valid excuse. Returning my phone call or sending me a simple email to tell me I didn't get it doesn't take that much time. I did apply to 11 more postings today. Hopefully I'll hear back soon on one of those since this one seems to be a lost cause at this point.

20. NCALIFTeacher

NCALIFTeacher Rookie

Aug 30, 2010

I sympathize with the wait game :| Keep applying!

21. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Aug 31, 2010

I didn't call back again today, but he didn't return my phone call either. I figure that at this point I didn't get it, but it just seems rude to tell me to call and then not return either of my calls. Oh well, I emailed principals about 6 more positions that posted today. I'm hoping I get something soon.

By the way, thank you so much to everyone who has been sending good vibes my way :)

22. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 31, 2010

:hugs: That is rude!

23. diana

diana Rookie

Aug 31, 2010

How frustrating! Maybe the principal had a family emergency? I hope he wouldn't be that rude just for the heck of it.

Good luck with those other job postings you applied to!

24. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Aug 31, 2010

He must have been at school on Friday and Monday because the secretary transferred my calls to him. I'm assuming she would have said if he hadn't been there. However, I should have seen this coming when his phone rang during my interview, and he just let it ring (a dozen times) without answering it and telling me to ignore it (which wasn't easy).

25. diana

diana Rookie

Aug 31, 2010

Oh, geez. Maybe it's a good thing this happened. The perfect job for you is out there.