Grandparent Day

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by patti2, Oct 1, 2007.

1. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Oct 1, 2007

Anyone have any ideas for a special day when children have grandparents or other person come to spend about 1 1/2 hours with them. My room is PACKED and it is hard to move around or do a whole group activity. Last year we played some math games, but I want something different.

3. jwilliamson

jwilliamson Companion

Oct 4, 2007

We are having Grandparents Day tomorrow. I have a whole slew of activities that they can do with their Grandparent during the morning. I am not doing any whole group activities - these are all designed to be done with the Grandparent. I have word search, a mystery word game, a math game about the price of eggs now and then, 2 interview books (one for grandma and one for grandpa), a timeline of when things were invented (they have to put in order), a fall craft for them to work on with grandparents. I think there are a few more activities, but I am not at school right now to see it. The school is also having the kids plant bulbs, but that is not something that I had to individually plan.

Our room is small and I fully expect it to be PACKED tomorrow!

4. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Oct 4, 2007

Wow...yours must be there longer than mine! Ours are only in my room for about an hour. I have two math games, Batty Bingo for fall, and a comparison booklet for them to fill out. I guess I'll run off a wordsearch too! Thanks for the idea!

5. jwilliamson

jwilliamson Companion

Oct 5, 2007

Yeah, ours is about 2 hours long. I am glad I prepared as much as I did. It all went well - thank goodness.

6. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Oct 5, 2007

Mine went well too! We have no air and it was 92^ outside today :(