Graduation Songs

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Miss J. Pre-K, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

Nov 6, 2008

We have pre-k graduation in May and I've been told that I need to start preparing. Specifically, my kids will be singing 2-3 songs, and we need to start singing them for practice. I'm kind of stumped--I was thinking of the "Make New Friends" song. Does anyone have good end-of-the-year type songs? Bonus points if it's on a CD so I won't have to sing a cappella!

3. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Nov 6, 2008

We've done "I Like Me", Down by the Bay, etc. they are on CD-- I don't have my things here at home with me but there's a lot more--- we do our kindergarten graduation up big. We have the kids walk in to a song like "new Beginning" and they go up on the stage and someone is chosen ahead of time to lead the Pledge of Alliegance, then the irector does a welcome, and then the kids sing a few songs, sometimes one of them reads a poem, then they all say the class poem (we write it using all their names) and then we hand out diplomas. then the kids come back down off the stage and sit inthe front rows as a class and we all watch a power point presentation/slide show set to music that I make using pictures that the parents send in and the song Mr. Mom and Let them Be Little and other songs like that --how many depends on how many kids I have to put into the slide show. Then they march back out to another song and meet their parents at the back by the table with the children's portfolios on it--we decorate the sanctuary and everything--I don't work in the kindergarten program anymore but I still do the power point and everything for them-- just because

4. pabef

pabef Comrade

Nov 10, 2008

Jack Hartman's "One Small Voice" - a tear jerker!

5. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Nov 10, 2008

I don't know if you are looking for long songs - show stoppers - or short manageable ones. Mailbox always has summary songs at the end of the year

"Well, we've learned a whole lot
    we grew very big...." that sorts of stuff.

6. iheart5thgrade

iheart5thgrade Comrade

Nov 10, 2008

We do Taylor Hicks' song, "Do I Make you Proud" with our fifth graders. That might be a bit too difficult with your young ones, I'm not sure. It sure is a tear-jerker though!

We also do that song from High School Musical, "We're soaring, we're flying, etc...." They really like doing that, and I bet your little ones might already know it if they watch High School Musical.

Again, I don't know if these two songs might be too difficult for your kids. Just an idea.

7. cycourt

cycourt Rookie

Nov 10, 2008

thanks for starting this thread, as I have a graduation of sorts to do next month.

love the powerpoint idea!

I've also seen the "Oh the places you'll go" book (seuse) read. I've also heard of kids getting announced with information about them (favourite centre, what they want to be when they grow up, etc).

I plan to also have them do days of the week and months of the year and jolly phonics to show some of our classroom learnings.

8. jlj

jlj Devotee

Nov 12, 2008

jolly phonics??