grades on computer

Discussion in 'Secondary Education Archives' started by TwinsStSt, Aug 15, 2005.

1. TwinsStSt

TwinsStSt Rookie

Aug 15, 2005

Can anyone recommend a source for recording grades on the computer - I've seen this done - it saves lots of time - just input the data and there is the average.
    Thanks,

Pam

3. teach6

teach6 Rookie

Aug 15, 2005

I used GradeQuick last year (my first year in middle school, 6th grade) and I found it to be very user friendly. You just have to keep up with entering the grades, or else at the mid-marking period (if you give progress reports) or at the end of the marking period it is a lot to enter in. I enter the grades as soon as I grade the papers, and then it's just a matter of printing out the gradebook and entering the grades onto the report card. :)

4. mmeblue

mmeblue Rookie

Aug 15, 2005

I use GradeKeeper. I think there's a free trial period, and then it costs like $20, and once you've paid you can get any future upgrades for free. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but it serves my purposes very well - definitely worth the price IMO.

5. dee

dee Companion

Aug 15, 2005

we use Gradebook Wizard. Try gradebookwizard.com. There is also a 30 day trial period. I am not sure how much the subscripition is, but so far I am enjoying it.

6. wvsasha

wvsasha Companion

Aug 15, 2005

If you are good with Excel, you can set up workbooks for each class that way.

I've used GradeQuick and MicroGrade both. They each ahve their strong points but I prefer GradeQuick - more bells & whistles - and the ability to directly interface with the state's school database and upload grades and attendance directly from my school's server after I've uploaded from my computer to it.

There is also a way to upload GradeQuick to the internet the grades/attendance but that's over and above the cost of the program and my school hasn't purchased that yet. I"m looking forward to that ability - it'll give the parents instant access to their students' grades and whether they were in class any given day/class. I'm amazed at the number of calls the office has to deal with from parents asking if Johnny was in 2nd period today.

7. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Aug 17, 2005

GradeQuick is AWESOME! In our county it is a requirement to use this program...the principal simply uploads grades from the computer for the gradecards! I LOVE GradeQuick and the parents do too...especially for the reports you can send home.