Gradebook system? HELP!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Teach2015, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Teach2015

Teach2015 Rookie

Jan 27, 2015

I have found many kinds of gradebooks using points systems and percentage systems... my question is how many assignments do you grade per semester/quarter?

I found this gradebook online
    superteacherworksheets site excel elementary gradebook

and I like this... however it's out of 14 tests/quizzes/assignments per semester/quarter...

Should I still keep track of homework and practice work like I always do.. but the question is how should I document effort using points/percentages?

Suggestions?

3. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2015

Lots of information needed. Generally, the grade should reflect their understanding of the material. Just because Johnny works outrageously hard, I won't give him a 4 (on a 1-4 scale) / A (on an A-F scale) if he doesn't understand any of the concepts. Does your school have behavior / interdisciplinary grades? Are you on a 1-4 scale or A-F scale? Subject / grade level?

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 27, 2015

My district spent a year redesigning our report cards. They are standards based and every benchmark is tied to a rubric.

I do think grade level teams should use the same standards for grading students.

5. Teach2015

Teach2015 Rookie

Jan 27, 2015

I am a new teacher not currently in my own classroom right now. Last year, I taught in a fifth grade classroom and my grading system was aligned to standards and I felt it was very subjective. I will eventually find myself in my own classroom again in the near future and I want to find a grading system that I feel very comfortable with. I want to be able to start the year ready to go...

I felt like I graded nearly everything last year and that was extremely time consuming... I assessed everything to help students learn... but I wanted to see what other teachers out there always grade for a percentage... and what you just check off as "effort".

6. Teach2015

Teach2015 Rookie

Jan 27, 2015

I just wanted to see if anyone can share how they grade..what papers they keep.. what they take home.. anything that can help me organize my mind...