Gradebook and report cards

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by jlj, Jun 27, 2013.

1. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jun 27, 2013

I know there's another post on here with gradebook questions, but only one response. I would also be interested in how you set up your gradebook.
    Also looking to revise our K report card. Would like something that correlates with the ABEKA curriculum as well as the standards.
    Please share! :):thanks:

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 27, 2013

We do not give grades in K, so I don't really keep a traditional gradebook. Instead I have a list of the standards and the common assessments that our kindergarten team created. I turned these assessments into graphs so that the students can graph their progress and know when they have mastered a skill.

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jun 27, 2013

I don't keep a grade book. I have a spreadsheet of the skills I am assessing and check them off as we go. For every progress report and report card I sit down with the kids and assess all of the skills taught during that time period.

5. TnKinder

TnKinder Companion

Jun 27, 2013

Gradebook

Because we are standard based my grade book is set up like the report card. For each subject I have a table that list the standard at the top and student names down the left side. As I assess students on a standard, I mark the grade. The report card is a list of the standards taught in that nine week period with the student's grade next to it. I would love to show you but I can't post an attachment.

6. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jun 29, 2013

mopar - would you mind sharing? I like the graph idea for the children. Do you have report cards or send the graph home instead?

Tasha- I do something similar in a grade book as well as have to add in tests once a week in phonics, math and writing.

Tnkinder- thanks for offering to share. Maybe you could pm the info. Would that work?

If you don't give actual grades in kinder, what type of markings do you give?

7. skerns

skerns Companion

Jun 30, 2013

8. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 30, 2013

I'm in music, but I make up excel spreadsheets for each class. I often do playing assessments and write scores on my attendance sheets or searing chart. Then I transfer the scores to the excel spreadsheets and email them to teachers.

9. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jun 30, 2013

Each subject gets a grade of E, S, N, U
    E-Exceeds expectations
    S-Satisfactory progress towards standards
    N-Not Meeting expectations
    U-Unsatisfactory progress towards standards

Then, ELA and math have a list of strands and we mark which strands they need extra practice with. Some of the ELA strands say: letter/sound relationships, text structures, literary response, vocabulary development, writing, penmanship, etc...

10. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jul 2, 2013

skerns- for some reason I can't open the link ??

11. skerns

skerns Companion

12. skerns

skerns Companion