Grade Book

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by nesteacool, Jun 12, 2007.

1. nesteacool

nesteacool Rookie

Jun 12, 2007

Hi.

My school district does not supply gradebooks. They require us to post everything online. However, I like to keep a paper copy of the scores. Does anyone have a good website where I can find a leatherbound gradebook?

Thanks,
    nesteacool

3. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jun 12, 2007

School Box has nice gradebooks. Or any other teacher supply store.

4. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jun 12, 2007

Which district?

5. ayotte04

ayotte04 Comrade

Jun 12, 2007

What is a leatherbound gradebook? Aren't gradebooks...gradebooks?

6. ayotte04

ayotte04 Comrade

Jun 12, 2007

And don't those programs (at least the ones I've seen used in districts) have an option for you to print out blank grade sheets with students names on them? You could just use those and keep them in a binder. But maybe you prefer those other gradebooks.

7. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Jun 12, 2007

I use my computer program to print out gradebook like sheets, which are actually better than the ones you can buy! They have more room to write in grades and assignments. Each class then gets a clipboard which I put all my gradebook sheets. I have a sheet for each catergory in my grading and attendance: test grades, quiz grades, homework, classwork, and binders. I also have a few extra sheets for fire drills and whatever I need.

8. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 12, 2007

Do they give you gradebook software? If so, I would use that to print blank grade sheets or copies of my gradebook, as other posters have suggested.

In our district we are required to keep everything electronic. We have to keep hard copies of our gradebooks in the event of a system malfunction, but we aren't allowed to actually record grades on paper without also recording them in the software.

Our software is pretty neat because it uploads automatically to the web where students and parents can access it. Whether they actually do is a completely different matter...

9. ayotte04

ayotte04 Comrade

Jun 13, 2007

Cassie,

oh thats nice that it uploads automatically to the web. My master teachers weren't required to do this, but I thought it was a great idea. Their particular software (Edusoft) allowed an option to print individual progress reports which had everything (assignment title, total points, percentage scored, student average for the semester) listed on it.

In the area that we live many families don't have access to the Internet at home, so the progress reports replaced that.

But like everyone has mentioned ...i couldn't imagine not having my own hardcopy of grades, it helps to have records to show parents during conferences

10. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 13, 2007

We use software called EasyGradePro. It lets us print dozens of different reports, including individual progress reports. It even has a little graph for each class or subject which shows you how many As, Bs, etc. you have. I use that to check for exam validity by looking for a bell curve (or at least not predominantly Fs...). I often print these graphs and post them right along with my grade check sheets on the bulletin boards. The students get a big kick out of seeing that their class has more As than period 5, or whatever.

11. ayotte04

ayotte04 Comrade

Jun 13, 2007

oh yes...they love competing with other periods don't they? it's fun to watch that "motivation"