Grade Book and Plan book

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by JaimeMarie, Oct 12, 2006.

1. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Oct 12, 2006

Does any one have a grade book and or plan book for their computers?
    I am sick of writing out my grades by hand. I would like to send home a printed copy of all the homework assignments and so on.

Also, was thinking I would do better to have a plan book on my computer. I may actually fill it in. Actually I have to part of that stupid mentorship program.

3. musicteach

musicteach Companion

Oct 12, 2006

Check out www.engrade.com It's an online grade book, and is great. There is an option to let your students log in and see just their grades. You can print a report for each student and it will show the grade for every assignment & percentage for different categories (hw, participation, tests). You can also weight grades automatically if you do that and add comments.

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Oct 13, 2006

Thank you so much! That is perfect. I just added all my classes. Well the 5th to 8th graders.

5. ksteach

ksteach Rookie

Oct 13, 2006

Just as a heads up...you may want to keep a hard copy of the grades (either an actual gradebook that you write the grades in-which I think is what you are trying to avoid, or just print off the grades after you enter them). I have heard horror stories from other teachers I work with about losing grades...and not having back ups.

6. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Oct 13, 2006

I'll write them down in my grade book. I just wanted something that that wasn't messy to send home to parents. Thank you for the heads up. It's the planner I don't want to write in LOL.