Got my degree!!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by SarahJ, Jun 21, 2008.

1. SarahJ

SarahJ Companion

Jun 21, 2008

...well, the official looking certificate that I can now hang on my wall! Its been a stressfull 6 months! Wrote my last exam early November and final marks were supposed to be out by 7 Dec latest...not mine. Only 4 of my 5 marks were showing. They had lost my one exam :eek:

So, started the stress of trying to find the person marking it (she had marked it, I had passed so it got lost after that), find the person responsible for double checking marks (yes, she'd seen it), the person responsible for putting the information into the computer...nope, she'd not seen it. Sigh. Apparently it was sitting in a file on someone's desk and they had gone on holiday or something (someone, somewhere screwed up). I waited till mid May 2008 (yes, LAST MONTH) till they found it and issued me with my formal degree, which I received in the post this past week.

So, for 6 months my student record showed I had NOT completed my degree which meant I could NOT apply for jobs or teacher registration for this year (our year runs Jan - Dec). Which means I'm now a year behind everyone else. And no-one would employ me for teacher assistant positions because I was 'over' qualified.

But, not I've got it :D YAY!!! I'm so happy! Now I've managed to get a part time TA position for the rest of the year (whilst I homeschool a little girl part-time in the afternoons) and hopefully get my foot in the door for future teaching positions to start in Jan 09.

3. SaraFirst

SaraFirst Cohort

Jun 21, 2008

Congratulations! You'd think they would be for careful with things.

4. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jun 21, 2008

Congrats!!!!

5. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jun 21, 2008

Congrats SarahJ - good luck job hunting :) If you have the same determination it took for you to track down your tests and certificate you shouldn't have any problem. :)

6. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jun 21, 2008

Congratulations! I'm glad that it finally got worked out for you!

7. Teach2reach

Teach2reach Rookie

Jun 21, 2008

Sarah,
    Congratulations! I was in your shoes once before. Hang tight. I agree with INteacher,"If you have the same determination it took for you to track down your tests and certificate you shouldn't have any problem." You go girl!
    -Gina

8. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 21, 2008

Congrats! I just received my master's degree in the mail today...which is great because I've had the frame up in the home office now for a few months. :) I also had some trouble with mine...similar situation in that someone dropped the ball in the registrar's office concerning my final comprehensive exam I took in October! Grrr. Well, it's over now! (Well, now I'm taking my Rank I classes, but I'm at a different college!)

Congrats again, and good luck!!!

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 21, 2008

Congrats! I know it just doesn't seem official until you have that certificate in hand.

10. Pesty

Pesty Rookie

Jun 21, 2008

Congratulations, I can't wait to get mine, but I haven't even started yet! :p

11. SarahJ

SarahJ Companion

Jun 22, 2008

Thanks guys...
    I just didn't want to believe anythng till I had the actual piece of paper in my hands. I'd been posted a copy of my transcript stating that the degree was complete, but now it seems real :)

Going to register for my honours next year :D