Got in my room today!!!!

Discussion in 'Secondary Education Archives' started by Jen, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Jen

Jen Rookie

Aug 8, 2006

Yea, it's official! I got to get into my room today and started setting it up. My hubby came also to help with bigger stuff. He was a GOD SEND!!!!! :angel: :angel: He kept me sane when all I could do was walk in circles.:eek: Thanks to his great vision, we got the room set up and ready. He had to leave for a little while and when he came back, he had bought all kinds of different indoor plants for my room!!!! Oh how I love that man:love: Well anyway I just had to crow about my room and my hubby.

-Jenn

3. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

Aug 8, 2006

Congrats! Sounds like your hubby should teach a class on how to be the spouse of a teacher!! :D

4. zoerba

zoerba Comrade

Aug 8, 2006

WOW! Congrats! That must have been the best experience - to know that you're officially a teacher!!!!!

I can't wait until I get a room of my own, it'll be so exciting!

5. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 8, 2006

I too went to my room to set up yesterday and spent the first hour just stressing over where to begin. The former teacher left so much junk laying around! And...she's just moved downstairs.....so, I asked the principal what to do with it. She said to stack it by the front and put a sign for the custodians to take it to her new room.
    Once that was out of the way, I was able to get the room going. I'm proud to say I got it 90% done!
    I would like to get indoor plants too. What kinds are the best for a hot classroom with little light? Jen, what kinds did your dh buy? (What a great guy!)

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 8, 2006

That's great!!

7. Jen

Jen Rookie

Aug 8, 2006

Classroom Plants

He bought a closet plant, diffembacia(?), and a rubber plant. Ivy is another good choice, I hear. I can not tell you how big a difference they made in my room. I think that was the single most important thing yesterday. My room has life to it now, not some drab classroom. Not to brag or anything, but, I think the kids will want to come to class because of the relaxing atmosphere.;)

:love: Jenn

8. blt

blt Rookie

Aug 8, 2006

How exciting!! I went to my class today and was met by the V.P who gave me my own room key!!! Holy Cow!! My very own room key… I felt like taking a picture with my key… Now my decorating skills are not that good because after I got done with my bulletin boards I took a step back to take a look at the board and it looks like a 1st grader put everything up… I think it looks pretty good for my first ever bulletin board…
    Bryan

9. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Aug 8, 2006

Don't worry Bryan- those things take time.. Just be happy you have a room to call your own:)

10. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Aug 8, 2006

Great Plants: Philodendrom, Wondering Jew and Ivy are three great plants. I enjoy a Poinsettia to add holiday cheer at Christmas. Amaryllis bulb is fasinating plant. It grow 2 or 3 inches everyday. It will get about 36 inches tall and big beautiful blooms. You will need a towel stick to put in by the side of it so it doesn't fall over. It makes a super fun graphing project.

11. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 8, 2006

Thank you for the plant names. I wrote each one down and will head out tomorrow to hunt for them!

12. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Aug 8, 2006

Amaryllis bulb, I think you only buy them around the holidays, also.

13. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 8, 2006

I am so jealous! I want to see my school. I have no idea how many rooms are in it. I am guessing two classrooms and a multipurpose room.

14. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 8, 2006

Gosh, I have been working on my room for weeks. The walls are done. The organization of all the stuff, stuff, and more stuff, is what's killing me.

15. Alaskanteach

Alaskanteach Cohort

Aug 9, 2006

I really like spider plants and goose's foot.
    I stay away from ivy. It is finicky about watering..

16. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Aug 9, 2006

Oh, yes I like spider plants.

17. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 9, 2006

I have four new plants at home here to bring in. I think they're all dead already. Sheesh.