Got fired

Discussion in 'General Education' started by wldywall, Mar 23, 2009.

1. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Mar 25, 2009

I will have to provide previous employment but under the agreement of my dismissial, how I am choosing to resign and the name thing, the worst of my evals will not be sent around, this comes from the union person from the state from this area.

2. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Mar 25, 2009

Yeah it does. I'm sorry if that came off as rude, I just wasn't sure how that would work. I am still sorry you lost your job.I understand how painful that can be - I was not renewed one year, but because I was hired late, I was on a temp contract and was able to say that my contract expired.

3. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Mar 25, 2009

Won't your reference letters have your first and last name? So even if you changed names your letters will have your old name on it??

4. DallasTeacher

DallasTeacher Companion

Mar 26, 2009

If I had grounds to sue, then I would "negotiate" a great letter of reference from the principal. I certainly wouldn't depend on a name change to protect me from a bad recommendation. I assume you have also filed for a new SS number? New identification with unemployment agency?

5. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Mar 27, 2009

I'm sorry that this was not the right fit for you. It seems you were held to unbeleivably ridiculous standards. Good luck with your new search, but more importantly... feel better and take care.

6. PowerTeacher

PowerTeacher Comrade

Mar 27, 2009

I am sorry to hear this wldy!

In a nutshell they set you up in an impossible situation. I have been there! I only had three administrators giving completely contradictory advice about what they wanted to see me doing. I finally confronted the principal on it and she eventually agreed that I should only be observed by her until we had resolved the changes she wanted me to make.

With the number of admins not agreeing with one another I do not think it was possible for you to please them all!

I will keep you in my prayers.

7. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Mar 28, 2009

If you have any supportive parents you are on good terms with, ask them to write letters of rec. as well! Those letters can also carry a lot of weight. Admins love to see teachers who work well with collegues, students, and parents. Also if your admin gave you low evaluations, the parents' testimonials can help balance or even out weigh them. In essence, they can give a more rounded picture.

8. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Mar 28, 2009

How awful! I remember your earlier posts about things being tough. I know the pain is so fresh right now, but remember that you were there for a reason. Those students needed you. And it sounds as if you really made such a difference to them. Don't let the awful time with the admin take the focus off of the children.

Try to enjoy your remaining time with the kids. At least now you don't have to worry about admin and can just go in and finish out the year without jumping thru all their hoops.

Big hugs! :hugs:

9. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Mar 28, 2009

i will still be observed and monitored closely, there principles in my room frequenlty, just to be sure I am not screwing up. It makes me sick. I cannot even complain, its part of the deal of me not losing my job and paycheck right away. I will likely be watched closer now than before.

A teacher friend will teach the lesson that got me fired, hes thinking about invinting the principal to observe (he can't be fired, tenure and radio teaching certified which is nearly impossible to get and we have our own radio station. LOL

10. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Mar 29, 2009

I was the teacher for a group of teen parents--and got in trouble for teaching them sex education. Once in a while the world does not make sense to me.