Got a suprise interview!!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by r2turtle, Jul 26, 2011.

1. r2turtle

r2turtle Rookie

Jul 26, 2011

Well, I was feeling really down about getting my rejection phone call yesterday for the math/social studies position. At least I got a call letting me know, huh? I thought get back on the horse and send out resumes. I got online and looked at the postings for Arkansas jobs and clicked on all the ones that were for my certification. FYI, those who are in Arkansas the site I check everyday is theaaea.org. I have found a lot of teachers don't even know this site exists. I found some that had been posted today, 5 schools. So I emailed in my usual packet of information, e.g; resume, references, AR teaching license, Praxis scores, current transcipt. I emailed those out about 2 pm today. One of the schools called me back about 4 pm to set up an interview in the morning! :woot: I, of course, said yes. I found my atlas really quick and tried to find where the school was. The school is 3 hours from my home. The principal said he found where I was from and pretty much knew how long it would take to get there. I can't believe he actually called so FAST! I know schools are looking to make some decisions quickly. Teachers are back August 8th. School begins August 15. Hope I make a great impression in the morning.

Maybe this is where God is leading us. My husband and I do have gypsy blood and love to move. We have been at our home now for 5 years. This is the longest we have stayed in one place. Our 8 year daughter is not at all wanting to leave her school if I find a job somewhere else. She goes to an excellent and very rural school. Only 10 kids in all of her upcoming 3rd grade class. I am hating it for her. My 3 year old son goes to a equally fantastic preschool too. I really love their school situations. That would be my only hesitation about moving. I know people make decisions everyday like this. I am just trusting He knows what is best and what will be, will be. No matter how much I ponder different scenarios it always works out for us.

3. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jul 27, 2011

Good luck on your interview. I hope it all works out well for you.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 27, 2011

Good luck today!!

5. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jul 27, 2011

[​IMG]

Good luck at your interview! :) I hope you love the school!!

I decided to wait 2 years and do a long 40-minute (or more) commute to my school before thinking of moving closer. Hubby and I will be looking for a place to live that is closer to that area (he doesn't work too far away from there either) next summer. I wanted to make sure I was a good fit for the school and that the school appreciated me as a teacher. But I'm glad you and your husband are on the same page about moving-- if you get this job at least you know that moving won't be an issue.

6. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 27, 2011

When you are part of a school community, you are loved. Your children will quickly adapt and your daughter will LOVE having you in her same school teaching. God knows what he is doing when he leads us down different paths. You are lucky that your hubby is so flexible.

7. MrsCK

MrsCK Companion

Jul 27, 2011

Good luck! :)

8. xiangnong

xiangnong Companion

Jul 27, 2011

Best of luck!

9. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 27, 2011

We have some gypsy blood too. The trick with getting your child on board is to make it as much of an adventure as possible. I tend to find travel books on the area, etc. I talk about the positives in the new place, places I want to visit, etc. I even track it on a map, talk about the weather, houses, places tobeat, entertainment, stuff I didn't know from before, etc. I keepnit as entertaining and interesting as possible. Kids will see it as an adventure if you do. They might still have some misgivings about their friends, etc. Mine did. But we talked about ways to stay in touch, etc. That helped.

10. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Jul 27, 2011

Good luck!!

11. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 27, 2011

Good luck!

12. elateacher4life

elateacher4life Cohort

Jul 27, 2011

Hope all goes well.