Got a job at the Goddard School!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by ash_sk8s, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ash_sk8s

ash_sk8s Companion

Aug 28, 2011

Hey all! I got a job at the Goddard School here. I will be in the 3 year old classroom. Any tips on my first teaching job/first time working in preschool? Anyone with experience in Goddard have tips on what to expect?

3. flowerpower31

flowerpower31 Comrade

Aug 28, 2011

I have no advice (never worked there), but just wanted to say congratulations, so congratulations! :) Isn't it a great feeling to finally have a job after you've been searching for one?

4. ash_sk8s

ash_sk8s Companion

Aug 28, 2011

Thanks! It is a great feeling, even though I'm still underemployed and certainly less money than I want!!! Lol

5. Pre-K Teacher 1

Pre-K Teacher 1 Comrade

Aug 31, 2011

Enjoy where you are on the journey! If you have never worked with this age I would read up on social/emotional development. Each for-profit is different. I know one of the things that I hated about for-profit is being sent home because of ratio and the combining of classes at a moments notice. Not sure if they this with Goddard but I do know most of the for-profits that I have been affiliated with do this and it is VERY annoying from the teacher perspective and from the employee perspective in not knowing what your pay check would be because of the hours.

6. ash_sk8s

ash_sk8s Companion

Sep 3, 2011

Yes we do that too. It is annoying but so far I have managed to just get sent home 15 minutes early once, and numbers were slow for the last week of summer. Hopefully I can consistently get the majority of my hours now that the school year is starting!