Good Vistaprint offers!

Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by Mrs. K., Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnonyMS

AnonyMS 7th grade ELA SDI in Texas

Jul 4, 2011

So how many times can I use the "Free Shipping" link? When does it expire? I'm getting more ideas reading this thread!

2. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jul 4, 2011

I know--I was upset that I only ordered 2 sets. When I went back today it would not work and labels are expensive to ship.

3. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 4, 2011

Okay vistaprint experts... is there a way to get the free shipping with the free products? I made some more products from the first link... But when I go to order my shipping isn't free. Then when I go through the free shipping link my items aren't free... I did order colored ink so my order was over a $1 :help:

4. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jul 4, 2011

I'd like to make some rack cards as writing reference tools. If anyone has done this, can you please share your ideas???

5. AnonyMS

AnonyMS 7th grade ELA SDI in Texas

Jul 4, 2011

AZMrs.S - what have you ordered? Basically, I only found 5 things that I would use that are free: 250 business cards, 10 invitations, a rubber stamp, a pen, and a car magnet.

I am ordering 1 pen each time that says "Please return to Ms AnonyMS" or "Ms AnonyMS's pen - please return at the end of class" - and getting a different design each time.

I am ordering car magnets to hang on my file cabinet but ran out of ideas of what to put on them. I put "If you are absent, see Ms AnonyMS at lunch" on one and then just my name on another (hoping I'll be able to use dry erase pen on it).

The invitations I'm using for personal use.

The business cards are citizenship cards (Excellent Citizenship on one set and Improved Citizenship on another). Since there are only 250 (thinking out loud... and I'll teach about 100 students and there are 32 weeks in a year), I will try to hand them out conservatively and make them a real 'prize' for the kids! We'll see how that goes.

I made a rubber stamp that says "Try again" (thanks to a previous poster!). I left it at two words b/c the shorter your message, the larger the font. I used red ink so I would get my $1.49 in to receive free shipping.

Wish I could come up with more ideas for the business cards. I'm thinking HW passes but am not sure how I will do HW this year yet.

When is the next time VP does free shippin?????
    And when does this offer expire????

6. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 4, 2011

Well I was making free things to go with the first link.. hoping that I could use both. But it doesn't seem to be working... I made a car magnet that has the wrting process detailed on it... I wrote each step with a little description so the kids can refer to it. :) I also made some pens and stickeys and postcards that I was going to use as thank you cards :) Anyone know if I can use both of the links at the same time? or is that too good to be true?

7. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jul 4, 2011

You can't use both links at the same time. :(

8. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 4, 2011

Darn!! Thanks for letting me know agdamity! :(

9. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Jul 4, 2011

I have used them as desk fairy passes and hundreds club cards (every time the students got a 100 on unit test, I wrote the name of the unit, hole-punched it, and let them collect it on a ring. They also got to put their name on the grade-level hundreds club poster for that unit.)

I really like the free business card magnets. I copied one from someone here a couple of years ago. They wrote "Welcome to Ms. X's class. You're my favorite student!" in big letters. In small letters they wrote, "Shhh...don't tell the others!" I gave them to my kids the first day of school and told them put them on their fridge to hold up important reminders from school. I also made some as prizes to kids who met their multiplication fact goals.

10. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jul 4, 2011

I was able to use both links the first time, but it limited the number of items I could order. When I went back to order the second time (about three hours later) it wouldn't let me combine both ads.

11. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Jul 4, 2011

There are so many little tricks to vistaprint. I wonder how they keep track in their main office. Seriously its like everything has been tried by us and everyone gets different outcomes.

12. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Jul 4, 2011

I was thinking today that for Christmas (I know, really far away) that I will try to order free personalized things for the members of my English department. Even though it's so far from now if things are up for a good deal I think I'll go for it!

13. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Jul 5, 2011

I paid full price for the stickers b/c it was one I couldn't refuse (plus it was on my orders before this free shipping/stuff link ;) )

I can't remember exactly, but it has a ladybug (my theme) and just something simple like I met the teacher, or school's name & Open House. I didn't put a date so I can reuse them each year. That ladybug graphic is hard to find on their site so I ordered 24 circle stickers for $2.99 when I found them.

I'm going to give them out at Open House. I'm having a hard time getting kids & parents to come so I'm trying bribery. I'm going to mail an invitation postcard to the kids and tell them to stop by my room for a treat. Not sure what else to give yet, but they'll definitely get a sticker. LOL

14. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 5, 2011

Oriental Trading has a ton of ladybug stuff.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ladybug-bubble-bottles-a2-70_4113-12-1.fltr?Ntt=ladybug

http://www.orientaltrading.com/and-ladybug-tattoos-a2-70_4078-12-1.fltr?Ntt=ladybug

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ladybug-roll-tape-gum-a2-70_1807-12-1.fltr?Ntt=ladybug

15. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Jul 5, 2011

I ordered a bunch of stuff last night. I tried to take advantage of as many free things as I could think of a use for since I have only ordered business cards from them and wanted to see the quality of the other products. I'm going to try to see if I can post pictures in a new post.

16. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Jul 5, 2011

Thanks for the info about OTC; haven't checked there for classroom stuff...hmmm.

Back to the topic at hand, here's a link to my photobucket album. I love to see everyone else's so I thought I'd share my creations.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t creations/

17. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Jul 5, 2011

Front of the reading rack card
    [​IMG]
    Back of the card
    [​IMG]
    Thinking Cap to put discussion questions, picking names randomly, etc
    [​IMG]
    Rockstar Reader magnets for my reading class
    [​IMG]
    Goal reached for reading class sticker
    [​IMG]
    Extra day extension card
    [​IMG]
    Homework Pass
    [​IMG]
    Goal Sticker
    [​IMG]
    Halfway to Goal
    [​IMG]
    Extra Points won
    [​IMG]
    Desk Copy Stamp. I also got one with my name on it and a notepad/pen with my name
    [​IMG]
    Reading Goal Reached
    [​IMG]

18. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Jul 5, 2011

Your link only opens to the main page =\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.