"Good to know" CSET admin. info

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by jazzminjoy, Oct 5, 2007.

1. jazzminjoy

jazzminjoy Comrade

Oct 5, 2007

1. The website says you must be registered by 5 PM on the regular registration deadline date in order to avoid the late fee. I started the process with only 10 minutes to spare. Fortunately, once I began, the instructions said I had until 5:30 PM. That extra half hour meant I could take more time answering the questions, such as where to send the reports and so on. It was a relief.:whistle:

2. I wasn't sure if I wanted the upcoming CSET date or the next one. I called and found out it is free to change the date to a later one, but it must be done by the late registration deadline of the test you are registered for. So, I went ahead and registered for the very next test date, thus giving me the option to take it then.

Specific Example:
    I registered today (10/5) for the Nov. 3 test. If I decide to instead take the test on Jan. 12, I have until 5 PM on Oct. 23rd to change the date. (Oct. 23 is the late registration deadline for the Nov. test.)

I think it's always good to have options. If in the next 2 1/2 weeks I think I'll be ready for the Nov. test, I can take it. If not, I'll wait until Jan.

I just wanted to share this info for future reference for anyone else who may find themselves in a similar uncertain predicament.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 5, 2007

Huh: as of a month ago, there were separate add/change/withdraw deadlines that weren't the regular registration deadlines. Interesting.

4. jazzminjoy

jazzminjoy Comrade

Oct 6, 2007

Really? Is it different? On the http://www.cset.nesinc.com/CS13_changereg.asp page, it says the following for changing the test date:

DEADLINE
    5:00 p.m. Pacific time on the late registration deadline for either the test date you wish to change from or the test date you wish to change to, whichever is earlier

Maybe with the new CSET calendar year (which began last month), a change was made to give the late registration date the second duty of the change registration deadline. It is the same date for all types of changes (date change, adding a subtest, location change, subtest selection change, or withdrawing).

I bet the change registration date (being the late registration deadline, which is just 2 1/2 weeks after the regular registration deadline) is earlier than the separate change registration date they used to have (if that is the case).

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 6, 2007

It is earlier, yes, by about a week. I did rather wonder at the change deadlines being within a week and a half of the test date!