Good to go folders

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by h2omane, Aug 8, 2007.

1. h2omane

h2omane Comrade

Aug 8, 2007

FIRST click on thread tools and change to printable version to see the full sized graphics... Thanks

I'm setting up 2 folders in my class this year

The first one is the Catch-up folder:
    [​IMG]

Which is red (I will print these out on label paper, and trim off the jagged red outline).

The catch-up folder is for the kids to put their unfinished work into during transitions, and recess break. If their work is finished and has passed the 6 token checklist:

The 6 Token Checklist:
    1. Did you write your name, the title and the date on your work?
    2. Have you followed all the directions?
    3. Did you use complete sentences, proper punctuation, and correct spelling?
    4. Is it your best work and neat and easy to read?
    5. Have you checked your work for errors?
    6. Did you finish your work by the end of the day?

it goes into their Good 2 Go folder:
    [​IMG]

for when the are ready to hand it in for marks.

Their catch-up folder stays in the classroom if they have work to catch up on for homework, it goes in their homework folder. The reason for it (catch-up folder) staying in the classroom, is for if the student is absent, all the work they missed is filed in their catch-up folder. When they return, they will know exactly what needs to be done, and wont have to hunt for missing pages.

The good 2 go folder stays with me each evening, so I can mark the work that is good to go, returning it to the student with my comments to their progress or if any corrections need to be made.

they also earn 6 tokens if they have completed all the steps of the 6 token checklist.

those students returning the following day, place their homework on their desk at the beginning of class, showing me that they got is finished, and then place it in their good 2 go folder for me to mark that night.

any ideas to make additions, subtractions or to modify anything, are gladly accepted.

I'm posting this to let others in on my organization system.
    Thanks for viewing, comments welcome.

Mr. Skinner :D

{slide the slider below to see the other side of the graphics. Note the word easy is not to say that it was "easy" but is a green push button version of the Staples "easy" button}

3. 6ertchr

6ertchr Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

Your system is extremely creative! I love the labels!:wow:

4. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Aug 9, 2007

Your folders are awesome, and your system is great. Did you do the graphics on the folders yourself?

5. h2omane

h2omane Comrade

Aug 9, 2007

yes customs, borrowed ideas (heinz style) but colour schemes and design layouts are my own. (i'm an Art major, so I need to play with photoshop from time to time)

6. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 9, 2007

You seem to be hilarious, and the kids will really enjoy these. :)

7. h2omane

h2omane Comrade

Aug 9, 2007

thanks